Forum

TOPIC: discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325697

• jwg
I just want to know where I can get a nuclear proof refrigerator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325717

I just got back and I loved it. I was surprised there were aliens in it, but I'm into SciFi so I enjoyed it. I'd have to say it was my second favorite Indy movie beside Last Crusade.Parts I didn't like:-Mutt swinging on the vines-Monkeys attacking the Russians for no reason-Russians were trying to ram them off the cliff, just slam on the breaks-Marion annoyed me-not enough whip actionQuestion: How did Indy's dad die if he drank from the cup in Last Crusade? I thought that gave him and Indy eternal life.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325718

• Zidy
  • Stage A - 1
Digital*Firefly;325717 wrote:
Question: How did Indy's dad die if he drank from the cup in Last Crusade? I thought that gave him and Indy eternal life.
They walked past the threshold. I think I remember them saying that they'll only have eternal life if they stayed in there.

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325721

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Question: How did Indy's dad die if he drank from the cup in Last Crusade? I thought that gave him and Indy eternal life.
He didnt drink from it, If I can remember, He poured the water from the cup to heal his gunshot wound.

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325722

Zidy;325718 wrote:
They walked past the threshold. I think I remember them saying that they'll only have eternal life if they stayed in there.
I thought the cup couldn't pass the threshold. I'll have to watch it again.TigerClaw;325721 wrote:
He didnt drink from it, If I can remember, He poured the water from the cup to heal his gunshot wound.
I thought he drank from it too.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325723

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Digital*Firefly;325722 wrote:
I thought the cup couldn't pass the threshold. I'll have to watch it again.I thought he drank from it too.
Perhaps he did, Didn't quite remember.I deleted my reply after noticing someone else responding.

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325733

TigerClaw;325634 wrote:
One thing everyone needs to keep in mind of is this. The Indiana Jones movies is all about suspending your disbelief, Anything that can't happen, Could happen in the Indiana Jones universe.Its not about realism, Its about the entertainment and fun aspects of the franchise.I love the fact that all the Indy movies were over the top, Thats the fun thing about them.
I see what you're saying, but even with a film like Indy, there are still certain expectations that people will bring with them when they watch it. It's the story that Lucas and Spielberg brought to the screen and I respect them for that, but as a longtime Indy fan, I can't help but feel let down about certain aspects of it. Even fantasy can have its awkward moments.TigerClaw wrote:
Did you all heard the Wilhelm Scream?
Yes I did! I was waiting for it. :)Digital*Firefly wrote:
I thought he drank from it too.
He did. They put the cup to his lips and helped him to drink it first before pouring the rest on the wound and washing it away.
[gamercard]Dungeonbuster[/gamercard]Random mumblings at World 1-1

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325763

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
Ezekiel;325687 wrote:
Though it was awesome to see the ship blow apart the valley, it was just stupid to have the alien comeback to life like that. They should've kept the crystal bodies and then just made the spaceship leave.
...did they really die at all?
Signature

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325869

The knight says that the Grail can't pass the seal, and that was "the price of immortality." So I assume you had to drink from it regularly. It's why the knight's brothers both died soon after they left the temple.Oh, and Crystal Skull sucked.

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325908

• Kel
  • Stage A - 1
I saw it yesterday, and I liked it a lot. The guys I saw it with didn't like it, because of the aliens and such, but I actually liked the aliens, corny dialog and cameo appearances. The only problem I had with the movie is when the monkey's attacked the Russians. Loved the haircut thing though. Funny.I think it was a good addition the the original Indy films. I also like LaBeouf as an actor. He has sort of a quirky demeanor about him, and it always captures me.