Forum

TOPIC: discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325412

I was very excited to see this flick opening day as someone who saw all the Indy films many times in his teen years and loved them!I tried to have realistic (read:lowered) expectations going in to Indy 4...but I guess they weren't low enough. My buddy and I were both sadly disappointed with Indy 4. I'm trying to put my finger on what the problem was. Was it: --the fact that its hard to see your heroes age and slow down (consequently making you realize how old you are getting :-) ) But I loved John McClain in Die Hard 4!--the awkwardness of watching two old people attempt to have some chemistry?--the corny cliche stunts? (Mudd swinging tarzan style? GROAN!)--the "jump the shark" moment when you find out Mudd is Indy's son. --the fact that Jones is RARELY referred to as Indiana or Indy in the movie. (Its always Dr, or Henry or Jonsey. Wierd.)--the fact that it isn't set in the 1940's and loses some of the "romantisism" of that time?--Aliens? really? Aliens? sigh--City of Gold? Really? I just saw that in National Treasure 2!--that the villianess wasn't very threatening or interesting?--the Mudd tease with the hat at the end? Sacrilege!--the unfocused, confusing plot. (or maybe I was just unfocused)--Russians<Nazis?. I know there are more things I winced at. I REALLY wanted to like this film. I knew it wouldn't beat Raiders, but that fact that I'd take temple of Doom over this is sad.I'm open to be enlightened by anyone how thought it was great. But IMO, it's a rental. Go watch the other 3 films over again. that's what I'm going to do to cleanse my palette. :(
Singin\', Dancin\', Gamin\' & Playin\' My Uke! (and Teachin\' other to do the same!)
Guitar Hero & Rock Band Expert :cool: *Ranked Top 75 Vocalist on Rock Band* Check out my "band" EXTRA CHEESEMy AGR Community Page
The administrator has disabled public write access.

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325446

• Davidb69
  • Level 10
UkuleleSHIMA;325412 wrote:
Was it: --the fact that its hard to see your heroes age and slow down (consequently making you realize how old you are getting :-) ) But I loved John McClain in Die Hard 4!--the awkwardness of watching two old people attempt to have some chemistry?--the corny cliche stunts? (Mudd swinging tarzan style? GROAN!)--the fact that Jones is RARELY referred to as Indiana or Indy in the movie. (Its always Dr, or Henry or Jonsey. Wierd.)--Aliens? really? Aliens? sigh--that the villianess wasn't very threatening or interesting?--the Mudd tease with the hat at the end? Sacrilege!--the unfocused, confusing plot. (or maybe I was just unfocused)--Russians<Nazis?.
I wont tell you this was better then any other Indy movie. But upon reflection, you gotta love the fact that we found out where the Ark was stored. :-)The hat tease was actually cool because you had to think that the kid would have gotten the hat on his head and I was just relieved that Indiana took it back. I feel the refering to himself as Henry was a thing for his father when he past, he acknowledged the name finally. I also find it funny that Mudd was also named Henry and didn't like the name Henry.The plot wasn't really confusing, rather simple really.Russians were always into mind control, not a huge stretch there. I just wish it was done better.Stunts were good and entertaining.Also, you gotta love that George Lucas finally got to have something towards his American Graffiti days at the beginning of the movie.
Wii - 2303 0628 4559 9276

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325450

Davidb69;325446 wrote:
I wont tell you this was better then any other Indy movie. But upon reflection, you gotta love the fact that we found out where the Ark was stored. :-)Stunts were good and entertaining.Also, you gotta love that George Lucas finally got to have something towards his American Graffiti days at the beginning of the movie.
Yeah the ark glimpse was cool but I think Indy fans saw that one coming a mile away. The stunts were mediocre I thought. Many were just rehashes of stuff they've done in the previous films but less effective. (bug stuff, taking the truck, etc.) the others were even less memorable.You could TOTALLY see the american graffiti love, which I enjoyed. I like the jock-greaser fight in the soda shop, as well. Small nuggets of fun.
Singin\', Dancin\', Gamin\' & Playin\' My Uke! (and Teachin\' other to do the same!)
Guitar Hero & Rock Band Expert :cool: *Ranked Top 75 Vocalist on Rock Band* Check out my "band" EXTRA CHEESEMy AGR Community Page

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325452

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Just came from seeing it today, Great film.I love the fact that the Warehouse we saw at the end of Raiders turned out to be in Area 51. :)

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325506

• Zidy
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah the aliens thing was just batshit retarded. I liked the rest of the movie though, and the Ark in the warehouse was a pretty cool thing to see.

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325510

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
I liked the whole idea of aliens being involved in an Indiana Jones movie, It made it a lot more interesting considering the fact it took place in the 1950s, The golden age of Scifi.

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325513

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
TigerClaw;325510 wrote:
I liked the whole idea of aliens being involved in an Indiana Jones movie, It made it a lot more interesting considering the fact it took place in the 1950s, The golden age of Scifi.
That was what I was trying to say. Even so, they were seem rather "supernaturally omnipotent", you might say. Also, there from another dimension, a saucer (for once) is not a ship but a transporter, and that their biggest asset was not some hidden artifact or a super life/death weapon but simply knowledge.
Signature

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325521

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
The scene at the bomb testing site and the refrigerator was funny.

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325528

• Zidy
  • Stage A - 1
I guess the alien thing could fit into the time scheme. The thing is: it's Indiana Jones. When I was watching Raiders, Doom, and Crusade I never once thought "Man, this shit would be perfect with aliens." It just doesn't seem to fit into Indy's adventures.

discuss INDY 4 WITH SPOILERS for those who have seen it 11 years 5 months ago #325533

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
Zidy;325528 wrote:
I guess the alien thing could fit into the time scheme. The thing is: it's Indiana Jones. When I was watching Raiders, Doom, and Crusade I never once thought "Man, this shit would be perfect with aliens." It just doesn't seem to fit into Indy's adventures.
That's because the supernatural was more fitting in the 1940s and before.
Signature