Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Captain America

Captain America 11 years 6 months ago #325043

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Some interesting news come up from IESB.net regarding the Captain America movie. The movie will be a period piece set during WW2 just like the origin in the comic, and most importantly, Matthew McConaughey is not gonna be Captain America, So we all can breathe easily now. Source
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Captain America 11 years 6 months ago #325046

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
What, they were already sporting an actor?WEll, Matt can be a good actor...meh, who cares; probably best a pick a very good nobody.I never thought about it but the Cap wouldn't exactly fit very well with any war after WW2 but period piece? As in the entire film? Now that is interesting.And remove "The First Avenger" He's the Cap; he doesn't need some intro or need to do know the stupid mass that he's part of the Avengers.
Signature

Captain America 11 years 6 months ago #325058

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
BBboy20;325046 wrote:
What, they were already sporting an actor?WEll, Matt can be a good actor...meh, who cares; probably best a pick a very good nobody.I never thought about it but the Cap wouldn't exactly fit very well with any war after WW2 but period piece? As in the entire film? Now that is interesting.And remove "The First Avenger" He's the Cap; he doesn't need some intro or need to do know the stupid mass that he's part of the Avengers.
Captain America first started out in WW2 then at some point was frozen in ice and thawed out in present day. There sticking to the source material which is a good thing, Which means we'll see Captain America fighting the Nazi and his arch enemy the Red Skull.

Captain America 11 years 6 months ago #325067

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
I have a bad feeling this movie is going to suck ass, just like the last one. Who knows, though? I really and truly hope I'm proven wrong.Personally, though, I don't see them "sticking to the source material" as much of a "good thing" as I do a "required" one. If Captain America were a product of today's world, then he wouldn't be the character we know by that name. He's be a roided up, gun-toting, conservative-Christian sociopath dressed in black leather, traveling the globe and marking his territory in much the same way that a dog pisses on his lawn to let other dogs know just who the big dog is.I can't help but think the most interesting aspect of his character has already been aptly addressed by the cinema in that Mel Gibson movie where he agrees to be put in suspended animation for a week or two and ends up sleeping for a half century or so. I loved that movie. Who couldn't? It had everything, including Norm from Cheers!

Captain America 8 years 10 months ago #394110

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
[youtube]HBBzPIALhWw[/youtube] So sig worthy...
Signature

Captain America 8 years 10 months ago #394111

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
This looks better than Thor.

Captain America 8 years 10 months ago #394112

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
JoEDigiTECH;394111 wrote:
This looks better than Thor.
xThor looks cheesy.

Captain America 8 years 10 months ago #394124

Please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Captain America 8 years 8 months ago #394673

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
Here's the first trailer for Captain America: The First Avenger.[youtube]JerVrbLldXw[/youtube]

Captain America 8 years 5 months ago #395678

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Freakin' latest promo has a major (what I would think) spoiler in it! Can't believe they would include that in the tv promo....
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo
  • Page: