Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Voltron live action movie in the works

Voltron live action movie in the works 12 years 8 months ago #280139

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Latino Review managed to get a copy of the script for a live action Voltron movie. They posted a review of it right here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Voltron live action movie in the works 12 years 6 months ago #288054

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
New info regarding the Voltron live action movie. This post came from variety.com right here.
'Voltron' gets bigscreen goMark Gordon sets up robot film at New RegencyBy MARC GRASERTalk Back - post a commentNew Regency is looking to assemble its own giant robot movie.The 20th Century Fox-based production entity is close to a deal with the Mark Gordon Co. to adapt "Voltron: Defender of the Universe" into a live-action film.Gordon has been developing the pic, based on the popular 1980s Japanese animated TV series, comicbooks and toy line, with Justin Marks penning the script.Should the deal close, project would be one of the company's more high-profile efforts since Robert Harper took over as chairman-CEO of Regency Filmed Entertainment earlier this year.Interest in the property hit a high after "Transformers" turned into a box office juggernaut, raking in nearly $300 million to date.New Regency, which hasn't had a major hit since "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" in 2005, sparked to the idea of a potential franchise.Company's upcoming pics include "Alvin and the Chipmunks," the Doug Liman-directed "Jumper," the Alexandre Aja-helmed "Mirrors" and the Eddie Murphy starrer "Starship Dave."Marks' take is described as a post-apocalyptic tale set in New York City and Mexico. Five ragtag survivors of an alien attack band together and end up piloting the five lion-shaped robots that combine and form the massive sword-wielding Voltron that helps battle Earth's invaders.Gordon will produce with Lawrence Inglee and Jordan Wynn, who are shepherding the project at the Gordon Co., which has Roland Emmerich's "10,000 B.C." bowing next from Warner Bros. Mark Costa and Ford Oelman are exec producers."Voltron" pic has been in the works for nearly three years, with Jim Young's Animus Films funding its development.Marks has become a go-to guy in Hollywood for comicbook, videogame and toy-based adaptations.He is adapting "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" for Joel Silver at Warner Bros., as well as the Green Arrow pic "Supermax," also at the studio. Marks also has "Street Fighter" in the works at Hyde Park and Fox.

Voltron live action movie in the works 12 years 6 months ago #288077

• RAMPAGE23
  • Level 6
Man Voltron i use to love that show as a kid. Im interested in seeing what they do.

Voltron live action movie in the works 12 years 6 months ago #288083

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
This sounds terrible.Go figure.
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV

Voltron live action movie in the works 12 years 6 months ago #288095

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
...I have to wonder if they think that if Transformers was successful, so would these movies...they need to damn realize that the only reason it was successful in quality is because it never needed the "human element". GI Joe and this's core was the human element and since they're probably not going write their asses off to try to ensure a Oscar-nomination, I really have no faith in this either...
Signature

Voltron live action movie in the works 12 years 6 months ago #288118

• SageClaw
  • Stage B - 3
TigerClaw;288054 wrote:
(From the Article) Marks' take is described as a post-apocalyptic tale set in New York City and Mexico. Five ragtag survivors of an alien attack band together and end up piloting the five lion-shaped robots that combine and form the massive sword-wielding Voltron that helps battle Earth's invaders.
So basically it's going to be like Transformers. You take the hook of the IP and then fill in the rest with disposable Hollywood crap.I am not sure if I should weep or just get pissed. Hell, maybe I will just do both.
"Well if I knew what I was talking about do you really think I would waste it on an Internet Forum?" SageClaw

Voltron live action movie in the works 12 years 6 months ago #288121

especially after transfomers(which wasn't horrible per say, but was as sageclaw described) i don't have too high of hopes for this.
- six years and counting, damn -

Voltron live action movie in the works 9 years 5 months ago #392595

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
joblo.com has just posted some awesome concept art for the proposed Voltron live action movie.http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=33872

Voltron live action movie in the works 9 years 5 months ago #392596

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
...pretty sure people would have mistaken it for Beast Wars...
Signature

Voltron live action movie in the works 9 years 5 months ago #392603

• shiroren8
BBboy20;392596 wrote:
...pretty sure people would have mistaken it for Beast Wars...
yea they look more like transformers than voltron, could be alright but not sure on that one. as long as it doesn't turn out like the ass that is king of the fighters it might be decent.
  • Page: