Forum

TOPIC: Heroes

Heroes 13 years 1 month ago #234307

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
Here is everyone's power, so what super heroes do they seem most similar to?Painter - sees futureJapanese Kid - manipulate time/spaceMale Nurse - flyCheerleader - invincibleCop - hears thoughtsStripper - gaurdian dark angel
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Heroes 13 years 1 month ago #234370

• agn
  • Administrator
So my wife just happened to come across Heroes as it was startin this week and said hey isn't this your ne favorite show? I was working on something so i was half listening for the first 5. Then I caught the girl get hit at the football practice and she began whining like the typical high school cheerleader and I guess I was expecting her to be more mature with her powers and all. Then there were a series of scenes of dialogue when my wife said she was outta there and I was not pulled in and compelled to stay tuned so i tuned away.What were your thoughts on episode 2 of this show?
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

Heroes 13 years 1 month ago #234388

Garbage disposal company suing NBC
Appliance maker Emerson filed the lawsuit in a St. Louis federal court Monday, seeking to block rebroadcasts of the "Heroes" pilot. In the episode, a high-school cheerleader (Hayden Panettiere) who has the ability to withstand injury sticks her hand into an In-Sink-Erator while it's running, mangling her fingers (which return to normal within a few seconds).Emerson's suit claims the scene "casts the disposer in an unsavory light, irreparably tarnishing the product" by suggesting that serious injuries will result "in the event consumers were to accidentally insert their hand into one."
Um yeah, cause you can stick your hand into a disposal and not get hurt. I think the people suing should each have to stick their hands into a running disposal.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Heroes 13 years 1 month ago #234405

• Mayor Young
  • Administrator
Episode two did a lot for me in wanting to continue to watch this series. While I thought the first was a little slower than necessary episode two picked things up a bit. The cop character is more intriguing than a lot of the other characters to me for some reason and I really like what they did with the Asian dude. The ending was pretty cool. On the other hand the scene with the cheerleader on the football field seemed a little silly to me too. Still not sure it could go down like that but I guess that’s what suspension of reality is for. All in all I can't in good conscience give it the best new show nod at this point even though (as someone posted earlier) that's not saying much. I'll say this show is going to have to do more to pull me in if it expects me to pick Heroes over 24 on Monday nights cause of right now Jack Bauer can still kick all the Heroes asses . . . at once. :-)

Heroes 13 years 1 month ago #234406

Mr. Young wrote:
Episode two did a lot for me in wanting to continue to watch this series. While I thought the first was a little slower than necessary episode two picked things up a bit. The cop character is more intriguing than a lot of the other characters to me for some reason and I really like what they did with the Asian dude. The ending was pretty cool. On the other hand the scene with the cheerleader on the football field seemed a little silly to me too. Still not sure it could go down like that but I guess that’s what suspension of reality is for. All in all I can't in good conscience give it the best new show nod at this point even though (as someone posted earlier) that's not saying much. I'll say this show is going to have to do more to pull me in if it expects me to pick Heroes over 24 on Monday nights cause of right now Jack Bauer can still kick all the Heroes asses . . . at once. :-)
What are your other contenders for best new show?
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Heroes 13 years 1 month ago #234408

• Mayor Young
  • Administrator
Two great shows Til Death and Happy Hour. Different genres sure and neither will probably be on next season but great none the less. I'm also anticipating The Nine which premieres tonight. Can't say it's better because it hasn't aired yet but I think it wise to hold my vote on Heroes until after this show has premiered.

Heroes 13 years 1 month ago #234410

Mr. Young wrote:
Two great shows Til Death and Happy Hour. Different genres sure and neither will probably be on next season but great none the less. I'm also anticipating The Nine which premieres tonight. Can't say it's better because it hasn't aired yet but I think it wise to hold my vote on Heroes until after this show has premiered.
Yeah I'll be checking out The Nine tonight. Til Death is ok. I didn't watch Happy Hour at all yet. I was just curious to see what else you thought was good.

Heroes 13 years 1 month ago #234411

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah, Episode 2 was kind of slow, but it was to be a bit expected, since it was originally planned to be a part of a two-hour pilot.I'm not sold yet on Matt Parkman's [Police Officer] problem, and I feel like the whole idea of him being setup was a bit of a throw in, just to give him some kind of dilemma [afterall, his ability is just mind-reading...not much danger there, eh?]Claire Bennet, on the other hand...Well, what do any of you honestly expect of her? She's a character who is clearly only interested in herself. Remember when she was saying to the geeky guy with the camera that she'd talk to him in front of other people, but basically blew him off when seeing the guy she was interested in? Talking to the less popular people and revealing to the world that she's got freakish powers is not something she wants to do. She's the youngest character in the series (at the age of 17, the second youngest is Hiro at age 24)...she's a kid. She doesn't understand what she really has. She's a smalltime girl with a smalltime mentality.Also, I'm wondering if Sylar is going to be the main villian, or if he's just being framed for a larger villian to later appear in the series.Oh, and that company sueing NBC? Stupid, really.
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV

Heroes 13 years 1 month ago #234438

I'm not sold yet on Matt Parkman's [Police Officer] problem, and I feel like the whole idea of him being setup was a bit of a throw in, just to give him some kind of dilemma [afterall, his ability is just mind-reading...not much danger there, eh?]IMO that was really clever. Naturally if you were a police chief and some guy who sucks at his job just magically solved a crime you'd think he was in on the job.
C0lin;260170 wrote:
You know you\'re sad when people are teaming up with Arandar to talk shit about you.
[gamercard]Lipkatopolis[/gamercard]

Heroes 13 years 1 month ago #234439

• fungus
  • Level 3
Im digging the show so far... Im a little worried as i think that it might start turning too sci-fi, which isnt necessarily a bad thing, but i think the strength of this show is that its a normal world where these people are "special"... It just seems that it might be heading towards a comic book type reality where, while not eveyone can fly, it is acceptable for those who do. I also think that the cops should be a little more wierded out to find frozen people with thier heads sawn completely in half with their brains removed, and women being pinned to a railing with forks and whatnot.