Forum

TOPIC: Official X-Men: The Last Stand Review Thread

Official X-Men: The Last Stand Review Thread 13 years 8 months ago #201806

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Today X-Men: The Last Stand opens everywhere in theaters. Anyone who managed to see the movie this weekend, Please feel free to post your reviews to the film here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official X-Men: The Last Stand Review Thread 13 years 8 months ago #201882

tl;dr: 7/10, decent summer movie i guess
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
also, whoever they got to play kitty pride is hawt
- six years and counting, damn -

Official X-Men: The Last Stand Review Thread 13 years 8 months ago #201886

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
I saw it at midnight last night, was definitely worth it. Make sure you sit through the credits, there is a short "wtf" scene after.Kitty is really hot, but she looks 12 in some scenes o_O
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake

Official X-Men: The Last Stand Review Thread 13 years 8 months ago #201894

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Most people I know......are really disliking this movie and I don't too much blame them. Granted they are comic book geeks.I went to the midnight showing last night. The action was good, story was...not there.Juggernaut has the best line ever and a bet the guy who did that internet youtube movie is laughing his ass off.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Official X-Men: The Last Stand Review Thread 13 years 8 months ago #201899

• GH33DA
  • Stage A - 1
True wrote:
Juggernaut has the best line ever and a bet the guy who did that internet youtube movie is laughing his ass off.
Cartoonhttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3934651591022114445Last Standhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXI83JimP2A
Valleys Of NeptuneBuckFarack187;366915 wrote:
I don\'t even know why I still try.

Official X-Men: The Last Stand Review Thread 13 years 8 months ago #201974

• Rayo
  • Stage A - 1
As a closet comic book nerd, I fucking hate this movie. Everyone was done wrong, Except Xavier, Wolverine, Storm, and Beast. Shadowcat was possible, but really they could have done things so much better. Fucked with the storylines too damn much and made all the brotherhood bitches. and you know what else? No Gambit. So fuck these people. Fuck them. Maybe if Gambit was around Rouge wouldn't be so "omg livejournal"
[gamercard]Sir Rayo[/gamercard]

Official X-Men: The Last Stand Review Thread 13 years 8 months ago #201976

• EvilWall
  • Stage A - 1
They confused Level 5 mutants with Omega level mutants also.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Official X-Men: The Last Stand Review Thread 13 years 8 months ago #201990

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Well, I'm gonna be spending the night at a friend's house to watch Game 3 of the Heat vs Pistons game, Then after the game is over, Were going straight to the theater to watch the movie at a 11pm showing.

Official X-Men: The Last Stand Review Thread 13 years 8 months ago #202012

Rayo wrote:
As a closet comic book nerd, I fucking hate this movie. Everyone was done wrong, Except Xavier, Wolverine, Storm, and Beast. Shadowcat was possible, but really they could have done things so much better. Fucked with the storylines too damn much and made all the brotherhood bitches. and you know what else? No Gambit. So fuck these people. Fuck them. Maybe if Gambit was around Rouge wouldn't be so "omg livejournal"
In all fairness, the movies were not sticking to one comic book plot, there are about 10 diffrent X-men universes within Marvel, and the Movies were No. 11, They had Lee-way to do what ever they wanted because the only thing they took from the Comics were the mutants and a basic back plot.

Official X-Men: The Last Stand Review Thread 13 years 8 months ago #202040

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
I agree regarding Rogue. To me, she's the weakest link throughout the movies...mostly because she is such a strong and fascinating character in the comics (or, at least in the Chris Claremont era comics that I used to read). I'm not asking for them to throw Carol Danvers into the mix and having her come out with something of a split personality and powers of flight, mind you...but I do believe that a character so powerful can be put to much better use than as some sort of emotional punching bag.Regardless, can't wait to see this movie...hell, even if it does suck. I happen to think Hugh Jackman is, much like Wolvie himself, the best he is at what he does (and what he does so damn well is play Wolverine!).