Forum

TOPIC: Battlestar Galactica

Battlestar Galactica 10 years 6 months ago #363391

^ here are a couple of answer I can give you nutmanMy answer to 1, 2, and 4 is BSG writers sucked
3. Why is the stupid little girl so important?
She was Mitochondrial Eve
5. Why did Dee shoot herself?
This is from an interview awhile back.She couldn't see any way of ever finding any happiness for herself. That's no good. Her husband [Jamie Bamber] is still in love with someone else. He's turned his back on one of the things that joined them together, being in the military and that sense of duty towards the military and his father [Adm. Adama, played by Edward James Olmos] in particular. But I think that was it. It's her final peace. It's a very human reaction to a situation like that. Of course, I imagine that Dualla was not the only one on the ship, and certainly not the first one during the course of the whole saga, to choose that way out. I considered it kind of a strange honor to hold that archetype, to say, "Yeah, this is a very human thing. This is what human beings may choose to do."
6. Lots of other stuff that I can't even think of
I got a couple, can someone explain to me how Starbuck lead everyone to their doomed and why did I thought this show could end on a high note?:smt022
http://twitter.com/AmazedSatsumaRandom thoughts from a random man
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Battlestar Galactica 10 years 6 months ago #363395

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah I thought she was supposed to lead humanity to their death or whatever. Also, why the hell do two Earths exist. I mean seriously. This whole show is such a mess after the finale. It really makes me sad.

Battlestar Galactica 10 years 6 months ago #363414

Forgot to mention that the 1st gen Cyclons cgi sucked when compared to all of the other cgi on the show. As for the two Earths, they just renamed the planet they found "Earth".But the more I think about it, I've come to like the ending as it shows that science and technology = bad, so the implication is that religion = good :. the Republicans retake Congress in the next election and the put Rush in the White House! Sounds seductively sweet to me
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Battlestar Galactica 10 years 6 months ago #363455

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
But dude the continents on the planet that they renamed Earth can be seen as Australia, Africa, Asia etc...On the nuked Earth we clearly saw North America and I think Australia. Also the "new" Earth is supposed to be the planet were living on. So what the fuck.

Battlestar Galactica 10 years 6 months ago #363569

We are having a discussion here about the very end. Baltar says something about God's plan & 6 says, "He doesn't like that name." IMO that reflects back to John Cavil#1 telling Ellen that he doesn't like the name John. That might imply that God would prefer a number because he is a machine.Your thoughts?
Real gamers don\'t use strategy guides.

Battlestar Galactica 10 years 6 months ago #363570

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Actually I thought 6 said that God "doesn't like to be called IT".

Battlestar Galactica 10 years 6 months ago #363613

AcquiredTarget;363414 wrote:
Forgot to mention that the 1st gen Cyclons cgi sucked when compared to all of the other cgi on the show.
Pretty much all the centurian CGI was pretty bad in the finale. I enjoyed it. I'm very satisfied with most of the ending.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)