Forum

TOPIC: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination)

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #110973

In the beginning of the 7th book, Voldermort kills Ron, Hermione and Harry go on to have a relationship.
Playing?with my dickSpace: MINE!Thought:Lol hax
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #111830

• Pig
  • Stage A - 1
Evil wrote:
Wow.Can you really ban someone for saying
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
I mean, I understand that he's said it before without spoiler tags, but c'mon.If you're on the internet often, you probably already know what happens.
Why not? The book wouldn't have been spoiled for me if I didn't visit allgames and I'm "on the internet often". It's a stupid and childish thing for someone to do. It's not funny and it pisses a lot of people off.
The Lukewarm
[size=-3]2006 shows: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! (3/8 ), Animal Collective (3/24), Nine Inch Nails/TV On the Radio (6/13), Mike Doughty (6/15), DMB (6/24), My Morning Jacket, The Flecktones, Umphrey\'s McGee, etc. (6/29-7/2), Broken Social Scene/Ted Leo and the Pharmacists/Belle & Sebastian (7/8 ), Ryan Adams (7/21), The Hold Steady...

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #112015

Pig wrote:
Why not? The book wouldn't have been spoiled for me if I didn't visit allgames and I'm "on the internet often". It's a stupid and childish thing for someone to do. It's not funny and it pisses a lot of people off.
your luckyall my friends called me to tell me, just to be asshats, and i saw it on 4chan/my forums/interflop/lots of other places before the book even came out.
- six years and counting, damn -

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #112033

• Pig
  • Stage A - 1
Emptythought wrote:
your luckyall my friends called me to tell me, just to be asshats, and i saw it on 4chan/my forums/interflop/lots of other places before the book even came out.
The only other forums I post at are forums for different bands and in their "off-topic" forums, they had threads labeled, "For those who have finished Harry Potter. Spoilers galore." So the only way I would have had anything spoiled there was to read those threads.
The Lukewarm
[size=-3]2006 shows: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! (3/8 ), Animal Collective (3/24), Nine Inch Nails/TV On the Radio (6/13), Mike Doughty (6/15), DMB (6/24), My Morning Jacket, The Flecktones, Umphrey\'s McGee, etc. (6/29-7/2), Broken Social Scene/Ted Leo and the Pharmacists/Belle & Sebastian (7/8 ), Ryan Adams (7/21), The Hold Steady...

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #112043

• Frequency
  • Stage B - 2
I had a bit of it spoiled for me as well, but there's more to a book than the peak event, it's how it came about. So I didn't mind too much. On a whole this book felt less like a new year at Hogwarts, and more of segue into the final events of the series. Almost like it could have been Book #5 1/2, rather than an entire new read. There just wasn't all that much going on, I was disappointed at the lack of depth that's usually present in these books. Everything was spelt out for you, everything was explained, some people may like that, but I don't. I enjoyed wondering what the Sorcerer's Stone was, who the heir of Slytherin was, who Sirius Black was, who wanted Harry dead in the Triwizard Tournament, and what the hell they were gonna do about the Ministry. But there were no such questions looming over my head as I closed this book, no big mystery of any sort with the exception of R.A.B. A few other things I didn't like:1. Lack of classtime. In previous books there were hundreds of pages dedicated to what was going on in classes. Such is not the case here. I expected, with Snape being the new DADA teacher, that there would be humorously dark lessons with him. But there was nothing. What's the deal with that?2. As mentioned before, everything was spelt out for you, there was little to no thought needed on the reader's part.3. After the closing fight at the Ministry in book 5, I was expecting more of the same in book 6. How wrong I was. Too much backstory without the balance of some action.Couple things I liked:1. Regardless, I enjoyed the pensieve chapters a great deal. Learning about the past was fun, and things make more sense now.2. The teenage flirting. We all knew it was going to happen sooner or later in the series, but I was satisfied with how Rowling handled it. Subtle and not the main plot by any stretch of the imagination, but still remained in the background. It had a "realistic" feel to it. But for fucks sake will Ron just kiss Hermione already? Jesus Christ.That's my 2 cents on book 6. Now, I have some questions I've been thinking about in the final book.How the hell is Harry supposed to stand up against Voldemort, when he can't even fight the Death Eaters? He's gonna need some serious training if he wants to stand a chance. "Blocked again and again and again, Potter. Until you learn to close your mind"Horcruxes. How do you suppose you destroy them? Dumbledore nearly died getting rid of one, something tells me it's not a walk in the park. Which brings me again to my first question.Sorry if these topics have been discussed, I'm just eager to get my thoughts out there. I plan on reading the thread right now, after I post this. Also, mods, if you feel any of my post is spoiling something, please edit it for me.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #112113

Frequency wrote:
1. Lack of classtime. In previous books there were hundreds of pages dedicated to what was going on in classes. Such is not the case here. I expected, with Snape being the new DADA teacher, that there would be humorously dark lessons with him. But there was nothing. What's the deal with that?
I agree that certain school-related areas were glossed over, but since JK pretty much wrote in detail about these aspects in the earlier books, I didn't mind too much I felt she more than made up for it in the last few chapters.Frequency wrote:
That's my 2 cents on book 6. Now, I have some questions I've been thinking about in the final book.How the hell is Harry supposed to stand up against Voldemort, when he can't even fight the Death Eaters? He's gonna need some serious training if he wants to stand a chance. "Blocked again and again and again, Potter. Until you learn to close your mind"
Speculative spoiler in the next book
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #112161

• Frequency
  • Stage B - 2
AcquiredTarget wrote:
Speculative spoiler in the next book
Bunch of stuff:

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #112805

• MageMasher
  • Stage A - 1
I have yet to pick the book up and sadly do not have the time to read it, so can someone PM me what happens in it?Please and thank you.
My Last.fm page
It all began with...birth by sleep.