Forum

TOPIC: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination)

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #109688

prince sparrow hawk wrote:
how do you see he's moved on he was asleep in the begining of the book dumble dore had to comfort him about it and besides harry barely spoke in the begining
The whole book was him speaking, or another charecter speaking.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #110428

• Pig
  • Stage A - 1
I really don't understand the point of spoiling a book or a movie for anyone. I mean, was it spoiled for you so you're just mad? If so, that's just immature. I always thought it was "forum ettiquette" to warn of spoilers. I guess that all went to hell. I honesly think whoever was involved in spoiling this book without warning should be temporarily banned. It's just fucking ridiculous.Rant over.I just finished the book. It was very good (although knowing the end beforehand because of spoilers hurt a little). Everything can't always be happy all the time and I really don't know what to expect for the last book, which I think is a good thing.
The Lukewarm
[size=-3]2006 shows: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! (3/8 ), Animal Collective (3/24), Nine Inch Nails/TV On the Radio (6/13), Mike Doughty (6/15), DMB (6/24), My Morning Jacket, The Flecktones, Umphrey\'s McGee, etc. (6/29-7/2), Broken Social Scene/Ted Leo and the Pharmacists/Belle & Sebastian (7/8 ), Ryan Adams (7/21), The Hold Steady...

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #110511

• Shuin
  • Level 8
Dangerous Beans wrote:
I thought that Harry was COMPLETELY out of character at the beginning of the book. Sirius just DIED a week or two ago, and he's moved on and happy. You'd think he'd be pissed off at least ONCE, but nope. Ah well, it doesn't matter.
Happy? He said he locked himself up, refusing meals sitting on his bed the whole time thinking about him. Depression is far from moved on and happy.I just got past the part where they were spying on Draco in Knockturn Alley, and Hermione went in and stupidly gave herself away.I'm really enjoying it so far. Hope it has this mood the whole way through, opposed to the gloomy "the world is going to end" mood it seemed to have at the beginning.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #110550

Pig wrote:
I really don't understand the point of spoiling a book or a movie for anyone. I mean, was it spoiled for you so you're just mad? If so, that's just immature. I always thought it was "forum ettiquette" to warn of spoilers. I guess that all went to hell. I honesly think whoever was involved in spoiling this book without warning should be temporarily banned. It's just fucking ridiculous.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #110565

Pig wrote:
I really don't understand the point of spoiling a book or a movie for anyone. I mean, was it spoiled for you so you're just mad? If so, that's just immature..
In a psych class I took, we had a discussion about topics like this. Basically, the "theory" (if I remember) was that they are trying to get a sense of power because they're making up for insecurities or compensating for something they feel is lacking. Personally, I call bullshit on those theories, they're just miserable little shits.I thought the book was pretty good. JK looks to have set things up for a good ending in the final book.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #110566

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
Meh, it gave me a reason to pull the itchy suspension trigger finger. I was tired of editing the majority of his posts.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #110758

• Amplifiar
  • Level 6
I am on I think Page 170, and I love it so far. Very well written. Too bad TM gave me the fucking climax.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #110958

• Evil
  • Level 9
Wow.Can you really ban someone for saying
I mean, I understand that he's said it before without spoiler tags, but c'mon.If you're on the internet often, you probably already know what happens.
Erin;246240 wrote:
I had a dream that this guy was murdering people by having anal sex with them and he decided to come after me. So, the dream ended with him chasing after me with his blood-covered death cock exposed and swinging wildly.
[gamercard]II kontra II[/gamercard]

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #110960

Spoiler for the 7th book...Somebody might die!
Playing?with my dickSpace: MINE!Thought:Lol hax

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #110968

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
Evil wrote:
Wow.Can you really ban someone for saying
I mean, I understand that he's said it before without spoiler tags, but c'mon.If you're on the internet often, you probably already know what happens.
I sure can.It's not like you guys weren't warned.I don't have the time to deal with people who wish to "push the limits" of our very, very, very few requests as far as rules.EDIT: And yes, every time I have to edit someone's post, I give negative rep. These days it's the only reason I give negative rep.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam