Forum

TOPIC: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination)

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #107131

[edit]for spoilers see the rest of the thread.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #107135

• Carps
  • Stage A - 3
Can anyone, possibly, intellectually discuss or, even, just make some interesting observations or an interesting observation about the book without just writing spoilers in big font? This was a thread, originally, intended to discusse the book for fans. Not for little kids to shout the end in big words.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #107142

Carps wrote:
Can anyone, possibly, intellectually discuss or, even, just make some interesting observations or an interesting observation about the book without just writing spoilers in big font? This was a thread, originally, intended to discusse the book for fans. Not for little kids to shout the end in big words.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #107158

Carps wrote:
I didn't like HBP. I thought it was the worst one. She seemed to be rusheed to finish it so all she did was dialogue. That got really anoying. None of the charecters were discribed any more. None of them changed. All the development was in the last chapter. Besides that they were static begining to end. She wrote Ron like he appeared in the movies. He begame a totally different person from 5 to 6.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #107167

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
Guys, don't make me do mod work by posting spoilers. Be courteous to other members.Next time I'll just ban the user after placing in the PROVIDED SPOILER TAGS around your post so I won't have to do it again because I'm lazy.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #107616

Wow, a (relatively) open-minded fundamentalist.
I am an Evangelical Christian and a "Harry Potter" fan. Is this a contradiction? Well, yes and no.
Yikes!
"Harry Potter" is fiction
Dayum, he gets it.
The danger here is not "Harry Potter." We can learn good and bad things from Harry and his world. The danger is mixing fantasy and reality, regardless of whether the fantasy is magic, fashion photos, cowboys or whatever. That is a powerful and persistent problem for all of us, including me.
Ohhh, he's gonna be burnin' for this. link
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #107754

• -Damien
  • Level 8
Carps wrote:
(2) The end of the book is wonderful. Dark, mysterious, my thoughts are that the person we think to be gone...may not be be completly gone. He may very well have applied some of the same arts Voldemort uses to not die. Remember this person has never been a character that is simply black and white, he has always bent the rules, and he might be using his death as a means of discovering the true identity of another professor at the school. That's as non-spoiler as I can get.
I doubt it, he made it seem like a terrible thing, doubt he would do something he is against. One thing i don't get is that the Pheonix brought Harry back to life in the second, why couldn't he bring back dumbledore?

Theories and Rumors regarding Book 7 14 years 4 months ago #108187

• Carps
  • Stage A - 3
The new Entertainment Weekly has a huge blowout article and Harry Potter on the cover. The article surrounds the new Goblet of Fire, the release of the sixth book, but has some very interesting debates-- for instance-- a debate as to whether or not Snape is good or bad.However, the magazine does make some predictions regarding Book 7SPOILERS BELOW IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED BOOK 6
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #109662

As a whole, I liked the book. Thought it gave us the info we've been wanting for every so long about His Lordship (*rolls eyes*), and it was generally well written and great as the HP books usually are.HOWEVER.I thought that Harry was COMPLETELY out of character at the beginning of the book. Sirius just DIED a week or two ago, and he's moved on and happy. You'd think he'd be pissed off at least ONCE, but nope. Ah well, it doesn't matter.Of coures, he better be pissed off at the beginning of HP7 XD
It\'s better for one to die than three. So we decided on YOU.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Use Spoiler Tags Or Risk Bannination) 14 years 4 months ago #109671

how do you see he's moved on he was asleep in the begining of the book dumble dore had to comfort him about it and besides harry barely spoke in the begining
the rain drops that fall from the sky are my tears and the lightning that strikes the earth is my anger! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r91Gj0ujSak"every time a kitten masturbates, you die" -an idiotyou want my soul? take it. it\'s worthless it\'ll always come back and never seem to leave me, and it\'s...