Forum

TOPIC: Comics you MUST read

Comics you MUST read 14 years 6 months ago #86115

• Carps
  • Stage A - 3
By Frank Miller1. Sin City (Books 1-7)2. Ronin3. The Dark Night Returns4. Batman First Year (Get ready for the movie)Kingdom Come by Mark Waid and Alex RossSandman: The Dream Hunters Neil Gaiman and Yoshitaka Amanoand of course, OF COURSE, Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons
> This comic alone reinvented the way we think about superheroes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comics you MUST read 14 years 6 months ago #86124

1. Sin City (Books 1-7) -- Haven't read all of 'em 2. Ronin -- Damn, I loved this one 3. The Dark Night Returns -- Saved me from that damn '60's tv series concept 4. Batman First Year (Get ready for the movie) -- haven't read it Kingdom Come by Mark Waid and Alex Ross -- haven't read it Sandman: The Dream Hunters Neil Gaiman and Yoshitaka Amano -- Might be, because I'm a Gaiman fan, but one of the greatest comic treasures. EVAR Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons -- one of the greatest comic treasures. EVAR This comic alone reinvented the way we think about superheroes --Thank God/Allah/Yahweh/YHWH/Lord Brahama/who-ever-runs-this-mad-house for this gem
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Comics you MUST read 14 years 6 months ago #86129

• Carps
  • Stage A - 3
If you liked DKR read Batman: Year One, honestly, I'm not as crazy about the artwork--- it's very stylized to give that old "Batman" feel...but the writing is top notch. The narrations by Gordan-- well, you can see Frank Miller working his magic.