Forum

TOPIC: Ender's Series

Ender's Series 14 years 7 months ago #79675

i'm reading Ender's Shadow now. I'm kinda dissapointed so far, I'm about 120 pages into it. It's at the part where Bean has just gotten to Battle School.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ender's Series 14 years 7 months ago #79746

Ender's Game was far too predictable, some what dull, and badly ended to to be anything but just enjoyable book.

Ender's Series 14 years 5 months ago #103910

• Kel
  • Stage A - 1
keith, evil dude wrote:
Ender's Game was far too predictable, some what dull, and badly ended to to be anything but just enjoyable book.
:shock:Sorry heh...it is just that I am totally in love with the whole series of books heh. Anyways, my favorite is of course Ender's Game, but Shadow of the Hegemon is my second pick. I just love how Card introduced all of the characters in it, and the politics involved are, in my opinion, superior to a lot of the other politically-driven books out there.Achilles is one bad motha I might add :).

Ender's Series 14 years 5 months ago #103911

Love the series, of course :) The only complaint I had with it was Speaker for the Dead, although it did a great job setting the story for the rest of the series, it was pretty dull.Fuck achilles. What a douche. Bonzo would have kicked his ass.If you like the series, then check out his other set: Homecoming.The Memory of Earth, The Call of Earth, The Ships of Earth. Very good stuff.

Ender's Series 14 years 5 months ago #103915

• Kel
  • Stage A - 1
Ender wrote:
Love the series, of course :) The only complaint I had with it was Speaker for the Dead, although it did a great job setting the story for the rest of the series, it was pretty dull.Fuck achilles. What a douche. Bonzo would have kicked his ass.If you like the series, then check out his other set: Homecoming.The Memory of Earth, The Call of Earth, The Ships of Earth. Very good stuff.
True. Bonzo was freakin' crazy.Oh man...I have wanted to check out Homecoming for so long. I have zilch money though. I wish my local bookstore would donate the series to me or something heh. I might get another loan from my friend to buy them, but that would put me in even more debt with him...and he isn't very happy about that. Are they worth debt, or should I just wait 'till I can get some money?

Ender's Series 14 years 5 months ago #103920

cough up enough for the first book, then work on paying him back while reading it.I seriously love it ALMOST enough to change my sn from Ender to Nafai, or Elemak, or..........well, a character from that series :)Its definately worth the $$$

Ender's Series 14 years 5 months ago #104745

• inertname
  • Level 9
Finished up Ender's Game about a week ago, liked it a lot and just yesterday picked up Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind. Trying to read the whole series by the end of the summer. I'll atleast finish up the Ender Quartet.

Ender's Series 14 years 4 months ago #105637

Insert, warning- Speaker for the Dead is the slow part of that series. I really disliked that book, but it did a nice job setting the background for the rest of the stories.Xenocide is by far one of the best installments ever written, though.

Ender's Series 14 years 4 months ago #108433

• inertname
  • Level 9
Well I just finished it and thought it was about on par with Game. It was definately boring at parts and I doubt it'll be that fun to re-read but the mystery of the piggies and Novinha's family secrets kept me interested throughout.Got Xenocide right next to me and plan to start it soon, though I should probably get some of my AP homework done first :\.

Ender's Series 14 years 4 months ago #109178

Orson Scott Card eas at my local Barnes & Noble on the 23rd but I couldn't see him because I had to work:(