Forum

TOPIC: Ender's Series

Ender's Series 14 years 7 months ago #77555

I just started reading Ender's Game. Does anyone have a list of the series in order or the best order to read them?
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ender's Series 14 years 7 months ago #77557

According to his website, http://www.hatrack.com its:Ender's GameSpeaker for the DeadXenocideChildren of the MindEnder's ShadowShadow of the HegemonShadow PuppetsShadow of the GiantI haven't read anything after Ender's Game just because I thougt it was so damn great, I didn't want to be dissappointed with weak follow-ups
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Ender's Series 14 years 7 months ago #77559

Ender's GameSpeaker for the DeadXenocideChildren of the MindEnder's Shadow (this is a parallel series following Bean, one of the supporting roles in Ender's Game)Shadow of the HegemonShadow PuppetsShadow of the GiantI've read all books up to Ender's Shadow. They are both great series. I think I'm going to start Ender's Shadow again sometime, so I can read the rest of the series.

Ender's Series 14 years 7 months ago #77567

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
The only ones I've read are Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, and Hegemon.I heard the others weren't as good as Game was...
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Ender's Series 14 years 7 months ago #77596

I thought the first 3 were:Ender's Game Ender's Shadow Shadow of the HegemonI saw they have a 3 book box set you can buy with those 3. Then I saw that list on OSC's site and that's where my confusion was.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Ender's Series 14 years 7 months ago #77610

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
Those are the first three in the chronological series I believe.Game and Shadow take place at literally the same time (told from different perspectives) and then Hegemon takes place right after Game and Shadow.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Ender's Series 14 years 7 months ago #77991

• gk128
  • Stage A - 1
Both 'Game' and 'Shadow' are great. I haven't read any of the others.There was an Ender's Game film in the works a while ago. Mostly just a screenplay and shopping around for a company. Must have been dropped, because I have heard nothing of it in a long time.

Ender's Series 14 years 7 months ago #77993

• gk128
  • Stage A - 1
I take back the movie comment. Some recent news...
Movie Update - March 14, 2005 Benioff and Weiss to Write Ender's Game Script David Benioff, the writer of the screenplay for Wolfgang Petersen's 2004 epic Troy, has been signed by Warner Bros. to pen the script for the movie Ender's Game. Benioff will work with his writing partner, DB Weiss, in close cooperation with Petersen, who is developing Ender's Game with the intent of directing it himself. The screenplay will be based on Orson Scott Card's novels Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow. Says Card, "Mr. Benioff proved with Troy that he could adapt a long work to fit the brevity of film, while preserving what is most powerful and effective in the original." Any film of Ender's Game will be heavily dependent on special effects, says Card, "but it's the characters that the audience must care about for the film to succeed." "I have every expectation that he and Mr. Weiss will be able to create a screenplay that will distill the strong characters and moral dilemmas of the novel into an exciting film that will justify the huge expense involved in filming it," said Card. Benioff also adapted his own novel, 25th Hour, into a screenplay for the Spike Lee-directed 2002 film that starred Edward Norton.

Ender's Series 14 years 7 months ago #78178

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
I though Xenocide was the fourth book? I swear it is, or at least was when I read it. I started reading them somewhere around 6 years ago and I could swear that book was number 4. And this was well before Ender's Shadow was out to. Anyway I though Game started out pretty boring if you ask me, but when it did pick up it was great. I thought the second one, whatever it was since I can't remember which one I read, was ok, and then I thought I read a 3rd one before Xenocide. Either way I gave up on Xenocide like less then 50 or so pages into it since I was getting bored with it and I think I had to return it to the library or something.

Ender's Series 14 years 7 months ago #79674

• Fierce Llama
Ive read:Ender's GameSpeaker for the DeadXenocideChildren of the MindShadow of the HegemonShadow PuppetsHad to for school but I liked them