Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Need book reccomendations

Need book reccomendations 9 years 6 months ago #389575

• Feelgood
  • Stage A - 1
So I'm usually not a big reader, but I just finished reading Starship Troopers. Loved it and now find reading quite relaxing. I like scifi n military stories or maybe something Star Wars related. Any suggestions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need book reccomendations 9 years 6 months ago #389577

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
I imagine the Halo books might be up your alley. Never read them myself but that's sci-fi + military, right?
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Need book reccomendations 9 years 6 months ago #389594

• Mayor Young
  • Administrator
Hey Feelgood. If you liked Starship Troopers you will love Old Man's War by John Scalzi. You should also try John Ringo's Into the Looking Glass. These are both very cool military science fiction. Shout out to VonB for putting me up on both of those.Now if you want some Star Wars stuff you could go with The Jedi Academy Trilogy by Kevin J. Anderson, which is really good, or if you prefer Old Republic stuff like me you can try the Darth Bane books by Drew Karpyshym. Dark Bane is the character who is the architect of the Sith as we know it in the Star Wars films, Rule of Two and all that jazz.And if you are looking to shake it up a bit with a quick read try Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. Love this book. So here's the recap so you don't have to dig through all that text:Old Man's War Universe:Old Man's War (2005)The Ghost Brigades (2006)The Last Colony (2007)Zoe's Tale (2008)Voyage of the Space Bubble Series:Into the Looking Glass (2005)Vorpal Blade (2007)Manxome Foe (2008)Claws That Catch (2008)The Jedi Academy Trilogy:Jedi Search (1994)Dark Apprentice (1994)Champions of the Force (1994) Darth Bane Trilogy:Star Wars - Darth Bane: Path of Destruction (2006)Star Wars - Darth Bane: Rule of Two (2007)Star Wars - Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (2009)Fight Club (1996)P.S. I don't know how to maket he "8 )" not sunglasses smileys :-)

Need book reccomendations 9 years 6 months ago #389601

• Feelgood
  • Stage A - 1
Damn Young! I think I'm good now. I think I'm gonna hit up Darth Bane first. Thanks guys.

Need book reccomendations 9 years 6 months ago #389610

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
There are TONNES of Star Wars novels out there. I haven't read many, but Shadows of the Empire (yes the one they made a game out of) is pretty good. So is the Han Solo Trilogy by A C Crispin and the three Han Solo novels by Brian Daley. It was a long time ago since I read them but I remember being generally satisfied with them all.

Need book reccomendations 9 years 6 months ago #389656

• Mayor Young
  • Administrator
Feelgood;389601 wrote:
Damn Young! I think I'm good now. I think I'm gonna hit up Darth Bane first. Thanks guys.
Don't mention it. I love to read and it seems we happen to have similar interest as it relates to subject matter. Keep reading and when you are ready for more suggestions let me know.

Need book reccomendations 9 years 6 months ago #389658

I usually recommend Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Friends who've never read scifi (and usually scoff at ti) are blown away by it. Timothy Zahn wrote some good Sta Wars novels if I remember correctly.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Need book reccomendations 9 years 6 months ago #389663

• Feelgood
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah. There's a shitload of Star Wars out there. Thanks for narrowing down the field. I wanted to read some of Card's stuff due to Shadow Complex being set in his world.

Need book reccomendations 9 years 4 months ago #391313

• Feelgood
  • Stage A - 1
Just started on the last Darth Bane book. Great stuff. Would make for a terrific movie if they ever decided to pull from canon one day. George Lucas should only be an advisor at this point in his career. Chris Nolan would do very well with this meesa tinks.

Need book reccomendations 9 years 4 months ago #391315

Unrelated: I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji
  • Page: