Forum

TOPIC: Messing around with Anim8or

Messing around with Anim8or 10 years 6 days ago #374285

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Just wondering if any of you have ever played around with the freeware Modeling/Animation program Anim8or? (for some reason the web page isn't opening for me now)
Anim8or is a freeware OpenGL based 3D modeling and animation program by R. Steven Glanville, a software engineer at NVidia. Currently at version 0.97, it is a very capable program with many features and tools. Its small size, ease of use and easy-to-follow tutorials make it a gateway into the world of 3D graphics for many computer users who normally would never get a chance to try their hand at modelling and animation.
Back in college when I was an Media and Animation major (before switching to another major) I used to mess around with then when I didn't have Maya, that was back in like 2002. I ran into some old file of mine and came across some Anim8or stuff and decided to check out the site again to see if people were still making stuff with it...and they were and some peeps I remember from the forums are actually working in the industry now (some who were introduced to 3D modeling and Animation from this program). I was also wow at some of the stuff people were able to do with this program. I'm still a novice and decided to mess around with it again out of boredom and thought maybe some of you may want to try it also.something I came up with in about 30-45 min. Way better than the attempt at a body I did back in 2002.http://www.geocities.com/webscripting03/Body1.txt
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo
The administrator has disabled public write access.