Forum

TOPIC: Echo - No longer at my local comic book store

Echo - No longer at my local comic book store 11 years 3 months ago #350865

• PacoDG
  • Level 1
Terry Moore's comic that was a pretty decent read is now not being picked up at my local shop.I still have House of Mystery to read I guess.Anything out there really worthwhile ? Someone uses these parts of the forums .. right ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Echo - No longer at my local comic book store 11 years 3 months ago #350926

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
PacoDG;350865 wrote:
Terry Moore's comic that was a pretty decent read is now not being picked up at my local shop.I still have House of Mystery to read I guess.Anything out there really worthwhile ? Someone uses these parts of the forums .. right ?
Did you ask the store owner if he/she would start carrying it again for you? If they won't, I'd find another store. I see you're in Orlando...have you been to Sci Fi City? Pretty good shop, 'though I'm not a regular. Back when I worked at a large store in Orange Park (outside Jax, FL), we'd order anything that a customer was willing to add to their pulls (and many times, we'd order it even if they didn't). A good comic shop (like any good business catering to a unique clientele) will talk comics with you, make recommendations (if you're looking for something new), and perhaps most importantly, work to keep you happy by carrying the comics that you want.

Echo - No longer at my local comic book store 11 years 2 months ago #351795

• PacoDG
  • Level 1
I'm more on the Ocoee side of Orlando (Sci Fi City is like a half hour away... I also have personal qualms against the store from when Jim Lee was there and they let some guy get a stack of like 100 books get signed while everyone waited in line holding only a couple of books)).Acme Comics is a half hour away in another direction (which I guess I have no choice but to start going there, I am 99% sure they would have it).The place I was originally buying was Bad Apple, who I did like, but they don't seem to be keeping up enough (I had one of those subscription accounts with them, and I missed one month and they canceled me)(oh yeah, just noticed this now too... lol )

Echo - No longer at my local comic book store 11 years 2 months ago #353465

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
PacoDG;351795 wrote:
(oh yeah, just noticed this now too... lol )
I don't think I'll ever get rid of my GAF gif. It is sublime. :p

Echo - No longer at my local comic book store 10 years 9 months ago #366308

• PacoDG
  • Level 1
It blows me away how the comic shops "in my city" work. I don't even remember making this thread, but i'm still having the same comic stress. I now go to Sci-Fi city (the other two, Bad Apple Comics and Acme Comics are just about the same half hour drive away). Sci-Fi is at least keeping their back issue collection stocked like a mo fo.. AND.. they sell everything cover price. I have never been to a comic store that did this.In conclusion. I stopped reading Echo. I have all the House of Mystery and Secret Invasion issues, so i'm a happy man (other than still having no shop in my area).