Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Digital Comic Reading

Digital Comic Reading 11 years 6 months ago #335322

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
A ton of people I know, on the internet and in my immediate surroundings, have been getting huge into comics again lately. It's really sparked my interest in them again so I thought I'd get some more discussion going with them, and also point out some digital comic readers that are kickass to the max.Mac:
Comic Book Lover
http://bitcartel.com/comicbooklover/Think iTunes for comics and it's exactly that. It's 25 bucks for the full version, but the trial is pretty much the same, there's just a big watermark in a lower corner that can get pretty annoying.Windows:Comic Rackhttp://comicrack.cyolito.com/Basically the same as Comic Book Lover, but for windows only. It's missing some features but it isn't a full release yet, and it still has every feature you'll even need so it's great to have for free. No watermark either!
Kickstarting this shit,I've recently read The Killing Joke and am about to start Y the Last Man. I downloaded a huge Frank Miller collection which has every Sin City comic, plus all of his others. I think I may be missing a few but I have pretty much every comic he's done.The Killing Joke was really awesome, just really short. And it had one unintentionally funny panel, even though it's a sad one.BARBARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACome, come talk about comics and comics everyone should read!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Digital Comic Reading 11 years 6 months ago #335771

• R3quiem
  • Stage B - 3
I just read the Wanted series. Pretty good. Next up is Watchmen.

Digital Comic Reading 11 years 6 months ago #335881

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
Haha, those seem to be the 2 people are reading most lately. Probably because of word of mouth that Wanted was a better comic than a movie and because of the huge hype for The Watchmen, but it's funny to see it play out.

Digital Comic Reading 11 years 6 months ago #335924

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Just got Comic Rack and "acquired" Watchmen. Haven't had a chance to read it though. The Programs good, but I wish I could zoom out and have 2 pages spread at fullscreen. They wouldn't even fit at 1920x1200!

Digital Comic Reading 11 years 6 months ago #335938

• -Beck-
  • Stage A - 1
I'm going to try this out and start reading Fables and Hack.Slash. I've been jonesing to read them but I just don't have the cash.

Digital Comic Reading 11 years 6 months ago #336171

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
Decipher;335924 wrote:
Just got Comic Rack and "acquired" Watchmen. Haven't had a chance to read it though. The Programs good, but I wish I could zoom out and have 2 pages spread at fullscreen. They wouldn't even fit at 1920x1200!
You can do two pages! It even puts a little gradient in the middle of the two pages to make it look like a light crease. Just full screen your comic viewing then right click anywhere on the page and you'll be able to pick your zoom level and how you want the comics to fit on the page (along with the 2-page option)And holding down either the right mouse button or the middle wheel actually zooms in and out however much you push or pull on the mouse while holding it. It has a few kinks to work out and not everything is that obvious, but you'll get it.And my friend has really gotten me interested in the Messiah Complex and shit that happened before it. I love Xmen and it looks so crazy awesome.

Digital Comic Reading 11 years 6 months ago #336241

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
Ok.. I knew about the two pages fullscreen thing, that was bad wording on my part. The thing I couldn't find was how to zoom out. Turns out it's in "page layout" to get it to "fit all". Totally unintuitive. The logical place would be in "Zoom" and have numbers less than 100% as well as the "fit all" option.

Digital Comic Reading 11 years 6 months ago #336244

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
What is intuitive, is how you can hold the right mouse button (or the middle wheel, i think it might be the middle wheel now that i think of it) and then just move the mouse and it zooms in and out for you that way.That way is actually very intuitive.

Digital Comic Reading 11 years 6 months ago #336295

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
Really? Usually to zoom you just scroll the wheel up or down ala Google Maps.

Digital Comic Reading 11 years 6 months ago #336317

i guess there is no app like that for windows?
  • Page: