Forum

TOPIC: Robert Jordan - Wheel of Time

Robert Jordan - Wheel of Time 12 years 2 weeks ago #312907

• Armitage
  • Level 1
I am currently reading this series of 13 books. Very different than the usual fantasy formula. There are no elves, or dwarves, no Tolkein-like story, but still epic in scope. Look up the series... you will not be dissapointed! :D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Robert Jordan - Wheel of Time 12 years 2 weeks ago #313055

• therobd
  • Level 9
Armitage;312907 wrote:
I am currently reading this series of 13 books. Very different than the usual fantasy formula. There are no elves, or dwarves, no Tolkein-like story, but still epic in scope. Look up the series... you will not be dissapointed! :D
...Unless you want an ending. :P
[gamercard]therobd[/gamercard]50 out of 50 games beaten for the first time in 2006.LiveJournalMySpace

Robert Jordan - Wheel of Time 12 years 2 weeks ago #313276

I started reading Eye of the World for a second time not too long ago, and it reminded me why I enjoyed reading them in the first place. The story is very well structured. There's a great build-up to the first action in the book, and the book stays strong till the last page.When I found out that Robert Jordan died late last year, I cried a little bit, because the Wheel of Time books were a big part of my early adolescence.

Robert Jordan - Wheel of Time 12 years 2 weeks ago #313294

Yeah, the passing of the Dragon is regretful, but at least we've got a Hell of a lot of books and the great world he built. I skipped my college classes for a week reading and rereading the first book when it came out.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin