Forum

TOPIC: Marvel's Next Big Event-Invasion (Who's a Skrull?)

Marvel's Next Big Event-Invasion (Who's a Skrull?) 12 years 3 months ago #297793

Those of us following Marvel know there was a big reveal in the pages of the New Avengers when it was revealed that Elektra was a skrull. This sets the stage for Marvel's 2008 Event-Invasion. The Marvel Universe has been infiltrated by skrulls. This thread is for thoughts on who you believe to be a skrull. On a related note, today, on a lark, I purchased X-Men #89 out of the $1 bin. I haven't read an X-Men book in years. This issue happened to involve the X-men being transported to a strange moon called Infiltration Command where they discovered skrulls who were "training" as mutants and established heroes including the FF, Hulk, Avengers, etc. According to Prof X, they were "a legion of alien soldiers committed to apparently infiltrating our world". They aligned themselves with skrulls who appeared as Warlock, Captain Marvel and Thunderbird. According to Thunderbird, "their deep-cover physical transformations were complete and permanent" and since those heroes had died, they were regarded as outcast. This book was printed in 1999. How long has Marvel been planning this event?
Behold, the Death\'s Hand.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Marvel's Next Big Event-Invasion (Who's a Skrull?) 12 years 3 months ago #297820

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
I've read a couple interviews behind Secret Invasion....I don't think it was being planned that far back.I believe the events starting from "Avengers Disassembled" through "House of M," "Decimation," and "Civil War" are key. I think Nick Fury's "Secret War" and "Annihilation" also might be somewhat relevant, as well.
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV

Marvel's Next Big Event-Invasion (Who's a Skrull?) 12 years 3 months ago #298626

Bendis has been setting the stage for this since Secret War.Secret War, New Avengers, and New Avengers: Illuminati are the most relevant lead-ups to Secret Invasion.
.. .-..---...-. -.
..-