Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Graffiti.

Graffiti. 12 years 3 months ago #299137

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Graffiti was one of the great inspirations to me when I was growing up. Growing up where I did there was a mixed bag of amazing burners and gang scribbles and cross-outs. I spent many an hour hunched over my bible designing pieces and honing my marker skills. I never actually threw anything up. I never thought anything I designed was good enough. It is an amazing art form. I can appreciate the talent (and balls) it takes to throw up some of these large scale pieces. I have to say that I prefer the ones that either make a statement or illustrate a narrative. While I can appreciate the design elements of some of the work that has just the artist name I could live with out it. Should it be controlled or confined? If you love to do it, you know the consequences going in so if you can get away with it do what you got to do. I like to see it but I also understand why others don'tI think there should be some places (like skate parks & handball courts) that should be commissioned to artists and endorsed by the city.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page: