Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Graffiti.

Graffiti. 12 years 7 months ago #282188

• Kel
  • Stage A - 1
Whats your opinion of graffiti in the public? Do you look at it as vandalism, or as art? Do you believe it should be condemned, allowed, or confined to certain areas (sort of like the city owned skatepark idea)?I would love to hear your thoughts :).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Graffiti. 12 years 7 months ago #282231

i dont know man i grew up on the bus and i hated when i sat on fresh grafitti it still pisses me off when i see some on the buildings in my neighborhood. i mean if people want it to get the respect they feel it deserves they should designate a legal area for it like the graffitti pits in venice etc.

Graffiti. 12 years 7 months ago #282244

i generally think it's cool when it's actually art, but just the gang sign/name tag stuff usually irritated me.(this could turn into an argument over what defines or qualifies art, but you get my general idea).there's a LOT of cool mural type of stuff around town here, and near my school. i would definitely encourage that type of stuff.
- six years and counting, damn -

Graffiti. 12 years 7 months ago #282247

• Kel
  • Stage A - 1
I see what you are saying Empty. Shitty tags or throwups aren't art at all. Now there are some really, really great artist doing throwups/tags with amazing handstyle, but if you don't have the talent... I would say stay in your blackbook until you are decent enough for walls.But I don't like raging on shitty gang tags, or any gang graffiti because of their significance. A simple MS13 tag somewhere is some scary shit and can lead into a whole bunch of shit I would never want to get into. There are some amazing artist out there though. Seeing well done pieces is so damn satisfying.

Graffiti. 12 years 7 months ago #282285

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Yeah I with you all. I really like the very pretty stuff. If it's covering something that was just ugly to start with then I don't see what the big deal is. What pisses me off is the stupid gang tags on the side of a perfectly fine building. That's more like taking a leak on a fire hydrant.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Graffiti. 12 years 7 months ago #282317

• Kel
  • Stage A - 1
I've been meaning to ask you Burr. Do you ever go to The Hub in downtown Tampa? I think I might of seen you there... but i've only seen like the top of your head in a picture, so I wasn't sure.

Graffiti. 12 years 7 months ago #282348

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Hehe nah never been there.. If I go downtown it's for a hockey game or a movie and not much else..
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Graffiti. 12 years 7 months ago #282442

• GH33DA
  • Stage A - 1
I respect graffiti in all it's forms. I also respect it's code and process. That being said. I only respect the taggers that honor the code and process. So the graffiti that I consider art is the graffiti done by these artists. No matter how "shitty" it looks. Although, you'll find that the taggers that do follow the code, are the best ones visually.Rack, Stack, Sliver, Black
Valleys Of NeptuneBuckFarack187;366915 wrote:
I don\'t even know why I still try.

Graffiti. 12 years 7 months ago #282452

• Oomba
  • Stage A - 1
I think it is okay on public property, but not private property. Not on trains, or on the walls of buildings, but on underpasses and brick walls to parks and such I appreciate it.
-Oomba, M.D., Captain U.S. Army

Graffiti. 12 years 3 months ago #299116

• Mercus
  • Level 3
I appreciate graffiti, I have no issue with it being on public places. I do agree though that if its someone just trying to be a rebel and write something like "fuck" on a wall is lame, not only does it look like shit but it gets labeled graffiti which then gives real graffiti a bad name. I think it adds character to cities, but I have a lot of friends who are graffiti artists so my opinion might be kind of one sided.
[gamercard]xG3T S1CKx[/gamercard]
  • Page: