Forum

TOPIC: World War Hulk (and other Marvel news from the NYCC)

World War Hulk (and other Marvel news from the NYCC) 12 years 7 months ago #261076

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
Well, it's the New York Comic Con this weekend, so lots of news to post (aka I make a lot of links from newsarama)So on to Marvel's upcoming main event: World War Hulk. Hulk comes back from space (after the events of the just-about-wrapping-up-Planet Hulk) and is pissed off. Marvel has listed off the current tie-ins thus far, including a group of new minis/one-shots. Regular series tie-ins include the Irredeemable Ant-Man, Ghost Rider, Iron Man, and Heroes for Hire. New minis (not including the actual WWH mini...which will oddly print alongside the regular monthly Hulk comic) include World War Hulk's version of the Civil War series Frontline, World War Hulk: X-Men (because Hulk wants to smash Xavier...maybe), World War Hulk: Gamma Corps (which has a black-ops team of gamma powered individuals...a 'villains' book) and a one-shot featuring the Young Avengers (why, I have no idea). An issue of The Initiative mini will also be related.Marvel's saying they're going to keep it to 1/4th of the tie-ins Civil War had...but considering the Fantastic Four, New Avengers, Spider-Man and even She-Hulk have so far nothing to do with the series yet. I doubt they'll keep the number, but they had an assload of issues with Civil War on it. (And honestly, I really don't think too many people cared too much what Ghost Rider, Blade, and Moon Knight had to say on it either).General WWH stuff (including the current list of tie-ins)WWH: FrontlineWWH: X-MenNow even though Civil War just ended, there's still some stuff going down to end it all, namely The Initiative (honestly there's a LOT of stuff there, so I'll let you all read it). Omega Flight looks really awesome, and the Nova/Penance cover looks incredibleOf specific notice is the return of [the name of] The Champions. What's interesting to note is that the team will consist of a continually rotating roster: "The Champions are a team like the Yankees are a team-- just because you play 3rd base doesn't mean there aren't 3 other guys warming up to take over for you when your knee blows out. Team members get hurt, they get mad and quit, or they can be asked to leave, and they'll be replaced by new characters playing similar positions. There's a rigid code of conduct and performance everyone's expected to adhere to, and they're expected to adhere to it in extreme circumstances and under intense pressures. Failure to do so means Stark is done spending money and time on you. Don't get too attached to anyone. And, on top of all that, in 12 months, the power-giving process is reversed, the Champions experiment is over, and our cast will be returned to "normal human" status."Inside the costumes and the mytholocial names, all the members of The Champions are (or were) human. The mythological names refer to positions on the team – if, for example, the person in the role of 'Hermes' fails the rigid code of conduct or a performance benchmark, a new player is brought in as the new 'Hermes'. " Just as in a professional sports set-up, there’s also whole strata of characters that surround the first-team players," explains Kirtson. "An infrastructure [is] involved with The Champions – support systems, promotional considerations, powers trainers, black-ops instructors – a real dichotomy between the public Champions’ persona and their ‘give-no-quarter’ superhero activities."Marvel's mystical heroes will be getting a focus this year (like the space heroes did last year) in Mystic Arcana. It's a four issue mini featuring one-shots of Magik (Illyana Rasputin), The Black Knight, Scarlet Witchand Sister Grimm a.k.a. Nico Munro.And finally, Marvel has confirmed to start online distribution of their comics. (Thank god, I say, because I'll be damned if I can actually find a place that sells comics)Oh, and this probably isn't too huge but...well, I'll let you guys click this one for yourselves. I don't think you'd believe me otherwise.Although it begs the question - could this be better than Punisher/Archie or Star Trek/X-Men?
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV
The administrator has disabled public write access.

World War Hulk (and other Marvel news from the NYCC) 12 years 7 months ago #261084

Annihilation stuff has me most excited.
.. .-..---...-. -.
..-

World War Hulk (and other Marvel news from the NYCC) 12 years 7 months ago #261184

will the new avengers/transformers crossover solve the mystery behind secret wars II?
X-box live: Supernaut113

World War Hulk (and other Marvel news from the NYCC) 12 years 7 months ago #261255

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
I want to see Transformers Vs. Sentinels.

World War Hulk (and other Marvel news from the NYCC) 12 years 7 months ago #261344

JoEDigiTECH;261255 wrote:
I want to see Transformers Vs. Sentinels.
megatron vs. master mold ftw!

World War Hulk (and other Marvel news from the NYCC) 12 years 7 months ago #261510

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Black_Sabbath1;261344 wrote:
megatron vs. master mold ftw!
Unicron Vs Galactus

World War Hulk (and other Marvel news from the NYCC) 12 years 7 months ago #261511

JoEDigiTECH;261510 wrote:
Unicron Vs Galactus
i see unicron defeated, but not before a great battle.