Forum

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity?

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 10 months ago #256844

  • Flavius
  • Flavius's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3085
  • Karma: 239
Blue Falcon;256804 wrote:
Also, I've never heard of a Marvel/DC crossover in which any of it was considered canon, since the two are entirely different Multiverses.
And there's the answer right there. Even if you do find some piece of information stating Marvel-DC crossover's canonical relevance, it will never truly be canon...as you cannot guarantee that licensing issues between the two corporations will not arise at some later point in time.At least not until Marvel buys out DC, or vice versa. :p
The administrator has disabled public write access.

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 10 months ago #256872

  • Blue Falcon
  • Blue Falcon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 1742
  • Karma: 564
Black_Sabbath1;256824 wrote:
marvel vs dc is technically considered canon. it was touched upon in green lantern #87.
(Green Lantern#87 [occurs simultaneously with Unlimited Access #1])- Access showed up in the DCU, looking for Kyle Raynor/Green Lantern. When he discovered that Raynor was not there, he went to look for "that guy on the surfboard." (Link)I really don't think it means anything, since Access is constantly travelling through the multiverses (and through various timelines within the multiverses), to keep away the formation of the Amalgam universe.And just for kicks, I decided topull out my Unlimted Acess #1 for kicks. Literally the first two lines are:'So I sort out the whole Spider-Man--Batman--Kingpin--Ra's Al Ghul mess, then head back home.If I did my job right, they won't even know I was there."Meaning that if all went well, Spider-Man/Kingpin won't remember Batman/Ra's.Also in the same issue; page 16 two more tidbits:1. GL#87 is specifically mentioned because during the Spider-Man&Wonder Woman Vs. Juggernaut&Mantis fight, Access was specifically looking for GL & Silver, but couldn't find either to help, so he went with Wonder Woman. You'd think that would mean something, right? Nope...2. Next panel, Access refers to the All Access series from a year prior, and mentions to Wonder Woman how the JLA and X-Men met. Her response was that she had never met Access and had no idea who the X-Men were.So what does this all mean? Well, besides Aspirin, I think this means that when Access does what he's supposed to, no one is supposed to remember anyone from an alternate multiverse.
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV
The administrator has disabled public write access.

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 10 months ago #256899

Blue Falcon;256872 wrote:
(Green Lantern#87 [occurs simultaneously with Unlimited Access #1])- Access showed up in the DCU, looking for Kyle Raynor/Green Lantern. When he discovered that Raynor was not there, he went to look for "that guy on the surfboard." (Link)I really don't think it means anything, since Access is constantly travelling through the multiverses (and through various timelines within the multiverses), to keep away the formation of the Amalgam universe.And just for kicks, I decided topull out my Unlimted Acess #1 for kicks. Literally the first two lines are:'So I sort out the whole Spider-Man--Batman--Kingpin--Ra's Al Ghul mess, then head back home.If I did my job right, they won't even know I was there."Meaning that if all went well, Spider-Man/Kingpin won't remember Batman/Ra's.Also in the same issue; page 16 two more tidbits:1. GL#87 is specifically mentioned because during the Spider-Man&Wonder Woman Vs. Juggernaut&Mantis fight, Access was specifically looking for GL & Silver, but couldn't find either to help, so he went with Wonder Woman. You'd think that would mean something, right? Nope...2. Next panel, Access refers to the All Access series from a year prior, and mentions to Wonder Woman how the JLA and X-Men met. Her response was that she had never met Access and had no idea who the X-Men were.So what does this all mean? Well, besides Aspirin, I think this means that when Access does what he's supposed to, no one is supposed to remember anyone from an alternate multiverse.
even if no one remembers it, it still happened. may i remind you of crisis on infinite earths?i also found this gem relevant to our discussion:
X-box live: Supernaut113
The administrator has disabled public write access.

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 10 months ago #256966

  • Blue Falcon
  • Blue Falcon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 1742
  • Karma: 564
Black_Sabbath1;256899 wrote:
even if no one remembers it, it still happened.
Just because it happened doesn't mean it's in continuity.
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV
The administrator has disabled public write access.

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 10 months ago #256970

it is not in continuityjust get over it
.. .-..---...-. -.
..-
The administrator has disabled public write access.

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 10 months ago #256971

Blue Falcon;256966 wrote:
Just because it happened doesn't mean it's in continuity.
are you insinuating that crisis on infinite earths is out of continuity? ;) well, my brain hurts, and i fear if i continue, i'll OD on asprin. but, i find it some-what relevant that the amalgam universe is designated earth-962.
X-box live: Supernaut113
The administrator has disabled public write access.

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 10 months ago #256973

  • Blue Falcon
  • Blue Falcon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 1742
  • Karma: 564
Black_Sabbath1;256971 wrote:
well, my brain hurts, and i fear if i continue, i'll OD on asprin. but, i find it some-what relevant that the amalgam universe is designated earth-962.
And in DC's case 9602.I think those are significant enough to warrant their own place in the multiverses, since it focused on single characters in one universe at one time [albeit ones who were created by using two characters/planets]. In the case of the other crossovers, the rest of them had to deal with each of...I don't even care at this point. But I'm really not concerned enough at this point anymore. I think my earlier points still stand.PS - on the topic of Crisis...jesus, wasn't the whole point of the thing to 'destroy' the DC multiverse, to create a single universe to give DC's past some consistency? Or something?
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV
The administrator has disabled public write access.

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 10 months ago #257019

Blue Falcon;256973 wrote:
PS - on the topic of Crisis...jesus, wasn't the whole point of the thing to 'destroy' the DC multiverse, to create a single universe to give DC's past some consistency? Or something?
Yeah but having Superboy Prime punch a hole in reality is probably the dumbest thing to happen to comics in a long, long time.
.. .-..---...-. -.
..-
The administrator has disabled public write access.

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 10 months ago #257020

  • Rayo
  • Rayo's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 4678
  • Karma: 1549
silverfirebolt;257019 wrote:
Yeah but having Superboy Prime punch a hole in reality is probably the dumbest thing to happen to comics in a long, long time.
lmfao I forgot about that."Yo fuck this": punch::universes explode:
[gamercard]Sir Rayo[/gamercard]
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2