Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity?

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 8 months ago #256716

well, is it?
X-box live: Supernaut113
The administrator has disabled public write access.

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 8 months ago #256733

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
No.I doubt either company would want characters from other companies being part of thier respective canons.That, and 'Kryptonian' (Superman) is mentioned as an alternate continuity herald
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 8 months ago #256771

Blue Falcon;256733 wrote:
No.I doubt either company would want characters from other companies being part of thier respective canons.
still, it didn't take place in the usual crossover-shared-continuity. supes actually traveled to what appeared to be the 616 universe.Blue Falcon;256733 wrote: i don't trust that list. marvel team-up was canon, and the golden oldie was galactus' herald in the 616 universe.

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 8 months ago #256775

'In the Superman/Fantastic Four crossover, which lies outside continuity, Superman was briefly a herald, but rebelled against Galactus after he was still tormented by memories of Krypton's destruction; this memory had become such a strong part of his personality that it had become the foundation of Superman's very being.''Heralds of Galactus in alternate timelines have included: * the Fantastic Four * Dazzler - What If...? #33 * Thor * Golden Oldie - Marvel Team-Up #137 (1984) * Uncle Ben - What If Uncle Ben's Nephew were Galactus? One-Shot * Plasma - Heroes Reborn: Fantastic Four #10 (1997) * Dark Angel - Cyberspace3000 #2 (1993) * Starglow - What If...? #37 (1983), Shalla-Bal replaced Silver Surfer * Ardina - The Silver Surfer TPB (1978 ), Clone of Shalla Bal * Dominas - Last Planet Standing miniseries (2006) * Kryptonian - Superman/Fantastic Four crossover (1999)'So no
.. .-..---...-. -.
..-

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 8 months ago #256787

can anyone post a link to a site that isn't able to be mass-editted and fallacious?

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 8 months ago #256794

Black_Sabbath1;256787 wrote:
can anyone post a link to a site that isn't able to be mass-editted and fallacious?
Check the sources of the information sited?

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 8 months ago #256798

Gene Starwind;256794 wrote:
Check the sources of the information sited?
it leads to another wiki.

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 8 months ago #256804

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
Black_Sabbath1;256771 wrote:
still, it didn't take place in the usual crossover-shared-continuity. supes actually traveled to what appeared to be the 616 universe.
Rules of Divergent Earths still apply.In other words, everything up until the point in which Superman arrived everything was 616, but his existence caused a new Multiverse to be formed.To give you an example [in which I've actually had this discussion with silverfirebolt before], recently in Exiles, they had travelled to the 'exact' Marvel 2099 universe (which marvel has called it 'Earth-928'). If the events in that issue hadn't happened, it would've just been the same Earth. But certain events happened (Hulk 2099 being taken over by Proteus and going to another universe, unmasking of Spider-Man 2099 who then joined the Exiles) which caused it to become a divergent earth (Marvel has listed it such as 'Earth-6375')So in other words, it probably was 616 prior to Superman arriving, but once he came, it diverged.Also, I've never heard of a Marvel/DC crossover in which any of it was considered canon, since the two are entirely different Multiverses.
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 8 months ago #256824

Blue Falcon;256804 wrote:
Rules of Divergent Earths still apply.In other words, everything up until the point in which Superman arrived everything was 616, but his existence caused a new Multiverse to be formed.To give you an example [in which I've actually had this discussion with silverfirebolt before], recently in Exiles, they had travelled to the 'exact' Marvel 2099 universe (which marvel has called it 'Earth-928'). If the events in that issue hadn't happened, it would've just been the same Earth. But certain events happened (Hulk 2099 being taken over by Proteus and going to another universe, unmasking of Spider-Man 2099 who then joined the Exiles) which caused it to become a divergent earth (Marvel has listed it such as 'Earth-6375')So in other words, it probably was 616 prior to Superman arriving, but once he came, it diverged.Also, I've never heard of a Marvel/DC crossover in which any of it was considered canon, since the two are entirely different Multiverses.
marvel vs dc is technically considered canon. it was touched upon in green lantern #87.

is Superman/Fantastic Four in continuity? 12 years 8 months ago #256831

• Rayo
  • Stage A - 1
I hate Alternate timelines sometimes, it turns my reading of comics into fucking quantum physics
[gamercard]Sir Rayo[/gamercard]
  • Page: