Forum

TOPIC: Comic Book Stores Worth Visiting

Comic Book Stores Worth Visiting 13 years 3 weeks ago #255963

I thought this would be a good thread to list some of the great comic stores in your area worth visiting. I just returned from San Diego and found a great store.Southern California Comicshttp://www.socalcomics.com/miscpage.htmlI walked in this store and fell in love. The owner gave me a tour of the store and it was, without a doubt, the best comics store I've ever visited. They had a whole room of nothing but $1 bin overstock comics. There were probably 200+ $1 long boxes of comics, with all books containing a bag and board, the majority of them in good to fine-near mint condition. I was able to pick up the following complete series out of the $1 bins:Secret WarX-men: Phoenix EndsongNew Avengers: issues 1-17Marvel: The EndAvengers: Celestial QuestI was also able to pick up other numerous hard to find comics (in my area) I've missed out on during the past 20 years.
Behold, the Death\'s Hand.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Book Stores Worth Visiting 13 years 3 weeks ago #255981

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Larry's Comics in Lowell MA is the comic book shop I grew up with. Originally it was just comics and sports cards. Now Larry has a bigger store with a very large selection to enclude current issues and rare back issues. Also he has gotten into Toys, Card Games and Skate decks and equipment. If you are in the area I highly recommend it.

Comic Book Stores Worth Visiting 13 years 1 day ago #259316

i liked midtown comics in manhattan a lot

Comic Book Stores Worth Visiting 12 years 11 months ago #260605

• kunoichi
  • Level 1
moey_ramone;259316 wrote:
i liked midtown comics in manhattan a lot
A+ choice sir, they have multiple locations around Manhattan and best selection of back issues from any store I've been to.Also Forbidden Planet at Union Square. They have an awesome selection of figures.As far as my area, I like Allakazam comics in Irvine, CA. Not because they have a large inventory but I like the people who work there and their small, but quality selection of comics, anime, manga, and figures. It's in the Marketplace center near UCI.

Comic Book Stores Worth Visiting 12 years 11 months ago #260705

• SageClaw
  • Stage B - 3
kunoichi;260605 wrote:
Also Forbidden Planet at Union Square. They have an awesome selection of figures.
Damn beat me too it. : )Used to spend an insane amount of time and money at that place while I was in High School.
"Well if I knew what I was talking about do you really think I would waste it on an Internet Forum?" SageClaw

Comic Book Stores Worth Visiting 12 years 11 months ago #260894

anyone know some good stores in the snellvile, GA area?
X-box live: Supernaut113

Comic Book Stores Worth Visiting 12 years 11 months ago #262200

• nightfall
  • Level 1
If you live in new jeresy ,you could go to kevin smith comic store called,Jay &Silent Bob's Secret Stash in Red Banks.

Comic Book Stores Worth Visiting 12 years 11 months ago #264592

• kadosho
  • Level 10
A few I'll add to the list, Comic Books Ink & Atomic ComicsBoth are excellent stores, here in Tacoma, WA. =D
[gamercard]kadosho[/gamercard]JKOrochinagi KOF fans uniteBTMusic 2.0

Comic Book Stores Worth Visiting 12 years 7 months ago #281140

I was in LA this weekend for the Police concert and visited Meltdown Comics today on Sunset Blvd. I was very impressed with the store which has a great back issue sale for $1 going on now. I was able to pick up several issues I've been looking for.
Behold, the Death\'s Hand.

Comic Book Stores Worth Visiting 12 years 7 months ago #281587

FiveFngrsOfDef;281140 wrote:
I was in LA this weekend for the Police concert and visited Meltdown Comics today on Sunset Blvd. I was very impressed with the store which has a great back issue sale for $1 going on now. I was able to pick up several issues I've been looking for.
yeah meltdown's cool