Forum

TOPIC: Fantastic Four Roster Change

Fantastic Four Roster Change 12 years 8 months ago #256645

silverfirebolt;256644 wrote:
If you don't read it, it does not exist.
after reading your posts, i have come to the conclusion that you are a mere troll, who tries to derail a thread, and ends up looping a variation of the same sarcastic response because you're inneffective without your forum buddies to back you up. i shall hereby dismiss any further inquiries by you, for i have deemed you unworthy of my time. i bid thee farwell.
X-box live: Supernaut113
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fantastic Four Roster Change 12 years 8 months ago #256646

• WAG
  • Level 2
Using big words doesn't make your points any more valid.

Fantastic Four Roster Change 12 years 8 months ago #256647

Not my fault if you were unable to have a grasp of the current comic horizon.
.. .-..---...-. -.
..-

Fantastic Four Roster Change 12 years 8 months ago #256650

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
Can we pull the sandcastles out of our vaginas and talk some fucking comics, guys?Christ on a bike...

Fantastic Four Roster Change 12 years 8 months ago #256652

Flavius;256650 wrote:
Can we pull the sandcastles out of our vaginas and talk some fucking comics, guys?Christ on a bike...
This still would have been about comics if someone was not so stubborn that they refused to believe that they didn't know what they were talking about.Also, I hope the Fan Four stays split like this for as long as possible.
.. .-..---...-. -.
..-

Fantastic Four Roster Change 12 years 8 months ago #256654

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
WAG;256524 wrote:
I wish they would've added Ghost Rider to the roster.
I wouldn't have been bothered by the GR, Hulk, Spider-Man and Wolvie line-up again. :p
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV

Fantastic Four Roster Change 12 years 8 months ago #256670

• Mayor Young
  • Administrator
Wow this thread is great! Comic talk, flame wars, moments of calm, the whole kit and caboodle :-)Just for the record I haven't heard of either of those StarDust chracters. I 'm sure they exist but I have come across either of them. Was never a huge Marvel Cosmic fan unless we're talking Infinity Gauntlet and related characters (Go THANOS!)As far as Punisher in concerned Cap kicked him off the team after a particlar act that I won't ruin for those who haven't read it yet.I believe Fantastic Four needs a change. It's been that team for lord knows how long. A few changes up here and there but generally the same. I like thos e two teams they've show. Different enough to get me reading. I would also like to see Reed in another team dynamic. Civil War has made Reed and Tony Stark the most interesting in years. Maybe Reed as a member of the government sanctioned Avengers.Did anyone notice how they are using old team names for the teams that are over each of the 50 states i.e. Force Works, Champions, etc. What do you guys think of that and what other team names would you wan to see resurrected?

Fantastic Four Roster Change 12 years 8 months ago #256683

Reed will not be apart of either Avenger's team. The line-ups were already announced.
.. .-..---...-. -.
..-

Fantastic Four Roster Change 12 years 8 months ago #256690

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
Mr. Young;256670 wrote:
Civil War has made Reed and Tony Stark the most interesting in years. Maybe Reed as a member of the government sanctioned Avengers.
I couldn't agree with you more, Mr. Young. I'm not sure if it's directly the result of the Civil War storyline or not, but I'd add The Punisher and Dr. Strange to that short list as well. In particular The Punisher, as I still recall those old Acts of Vengeance crossover issues of his old comic as being particularly awkward and forced. In those issues, it just seemed plain weird that he was fighting guys like The Reavers and Dr. Doom. But here, for whatever reason, his character just seems more integrated into the Marvel Universe...and it works. In the past, I always viewed Dr. Strange as this really powerful, yet o-so-boring character. But here, he's much more interesting, and while he still retains that quality that puts him apart from the other characters in the Marvel-verse, he, like The Punisher, interacts with them in a believable fashion.I sorta' dumped on Millar in one of my earlier posts, but after having a bit of time to soak it all in, I guess I'd have to say that his characterizations are pretty damn good, as is the the various interactions among such a large roster of characters.

Fantastic Four Roster Change 12 years 8 months ago #256745

• Mayor Young
  • Administrator
Flavius;256690 wrote:
I couldn't agree with you more, Mr. Young. I'm not sure if it's directly the result of the Civil War storyline or not, but I'd add The Punisher and Dr. Strange to that short list as well. In particular The Punisher, as I still recall those old Acts of Vengeance crossover issues of his old comic as being particularly awkward and forced. In those issues, it just seemed plain weird that he was fighting guys like The Reavers and Dr. Doom. But here, for whatever reason, his character just seems more integrated into the Marvel Universe...and it works. In the past, I always viewed Dr. Strange as this really powerful, yet o-so-boring character. But here, he's much more interesting, and while he still retains that quality that puts him apart from the other characters in the Marvel-verse, he, like The Punisher, interacts with them in a believable fashion.I sorta' dumped on Millar in one of my earlier posts, but after having a bit of time to soak it all in, I guess I'd have to say that his characterizations are pretty damn good, as is the the various interactions among such a large roster of characters.
You and I agree so much it's scary. New Avengers basically opened the door for unconventional team members in my opinion. Before that run I would have scoffed at a Punisher or Doc Strange on an Avengers team.And Silverfirebolt if you're so smart post a link :-) No for real I haven't seen the line up yet :-(