Forum

TOPIC: What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List?

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 12 years 10 months ago #270564

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
FiveFngrsOfDef;270545 wrote:
A couple of great reads:Marvels-You can find it in a trade paperback. Great read!! Story is about a reporter who is writing a book on the new super beings starting to appear on the scene. Makes you feel like "a man on the street" when the Marvel Universe was ramping up. When reading comics, we see all of the behind the scene goings on but this took the perspective of the normal person who only catches a glimpse of a hero/villain as they pass by or what's on the news. My favorite part was when Galactus first appeared on Earth and the Surfer switched sides to help the FF. The everyday person had no idea of what happened.Ruins- An unofficial sequel to Marvels. Has the same main character who glimpses an alternate version of the Marvel Universe if everything took a turn for the worse.Bullet Points-Series came out around the same time as Civil War and was missed by many. The ultimate "What If".
You and I seem to have similar reading patterns, because I've read all three of them a couple weeks ago. I enjoyed all of them, except for the (IMO) bad art of Ruins.
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 12 years 10 months ago #270891

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
So yeah, today I took the time to do read-throughs of The Irredeemable Ant-Man #1-#7 and X-Men: First Class #1-#8.Ant-Man, IMO, is somewhat dissapointing given the relative praise the series has gotten. Eric O'Grady [the character with the Ant-Man suit] has been reffered to as the 'love-to-hate' kind of character, but I see myself hating him more than loving him. He has his occassionally charming moments, but for the most part is a character who I'd love to see get stepped on at some point. I can understand his appeal, but perhaps I'm more of a fan of the old-fashioned style of super hero.Speaking of old fashioned, X-Men: First Class is such a great read. It's all the joys of the X-Men without all the drama. No Phoenixs, No Wolverines, No Decimations. Just the original X-Men, still in their youth [albeit in a seemingly more modern era, with occassional mentions of such things as e-mails and cell phones] with some touches from the other regions of the Marvel Universe making guest appearances [with the likes of The Lizard, Dr. Strange, and Gorilla Man appearing, among others]. No issues are ever drawn out with these long drawn out over-arching plots: Things start out fine, problem is encountered, cause of problem is uncovered, X-Men do what's needed to solve problem, happy ending, and repeat. With what the comic industry has become as of recent, more comics should try and be like this. Knowing this mini is becoming a full title has left me very pleased.
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 12 years 9 months ago #271024

• kadosho
  • Level 10
Wonder Woman #8Amazons Attack #1Both are connected with the uprising of the Amazons wanting to well seek power once more. Glory that the grecian "gods" enabled them with. Already some of the warriors are taking part in seperate series like "Superman" & "Batman". In Wonder Woman's arc so far, she's regained her powers, and sought life as a human, but things arent working out for her. Till Circe decides to chime in again, pulling a nice prank on everyone she watches over. *and the fact Wonder Girl, with other female heroes also take sides with this new army.*subnote the current WG, lost her boyfriend, the recent Superboy in TT. Dr. Psycho has been manipulating various heroes using their emotions against themselves.. making things a bit more heavy hitting.@ that, Jodi Picoult (the writer) has done a fantastic job with Diana and finding something solid to work with. Its definitely worth checking out, and the new Amazons Attack saga that is all out full force across the entire DC Universe.*thought 52 was bad? you havent seen nothing yet.
[gamercard]kadosho[/gamercard]JKOrochinagi KOF fans uniteBTMusic 2.0

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 12 years 9 months ago #271293

Currently reading Planetary. Really cool stuff.Then I will read DMZ and the first volume of Powers. (Even though volume 2 is on my pull list...)
.. .-..---...-. -.
..-