Forum

TOPIC: What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List?

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 13 years 15 hours ago #259500

FiveFngrsOfDef;259411 wrote:
I've read Earth and Universe X. I love the premise of why super heroes were created. Still need to read Paradise X.
Read Paradise X if you want to go WHAHAHAHAHAHA?!Seriously, Earth X was the best out of the three.Also, FINALLY read Young Avengers. AMAZING, just amazing.-Beck-;259376 wrote:
Comic noob here. Picked up The Dark Tower #1 and loved it. Got a few freebie comics at the store as well. The freebie I enjoyed the most was called Fables. I'm thinking of getting the bound volumes of that one. If you have suggestion for me, keep in mind I'm not too big on "super heroes" (don't want to get sued :p), but am interested in grittier, slightly more based in realistic stuff. Also wouldn't mind stuff in the bizarre humor category either.Thanks. :D
Ok Beck, mega fun time list for super happyness in comic enjoyment of reading:Fables: Seeing as how you have read an issue already, you can see the genius of the series. Start picking up the trades. You won't be sorry.Y: The Last Man: I'm sure you've heard about it. If not, here's the premise: Something kills every man on earth except one (Yorick Brown), searchs why this happens, amazingness and hilarity insues. Really great series by one of the best comic writers (Brian K Vaughn). You might as well wait for the trades becasue by the end of the year, this series will be over.X-Factor: This is sort of a hybrid series if you will. They are super heroes (well mutants), yes, but are not placed in a superhero setting. Jamie Madrox (Multiple Man) creates a detective agency for the (now reduced) mutant community. It mainly involves the interactions between the members and hilarity of course ensues, as well as some really good violent moments. Also, this book has Layla Millar, a character I know for a fact that you will love.Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.: Possibly one of the funnist comics ever. Take everything you know about a superhero team and throw it out the window. It's bascially a comic about 'kicking ass and explosions.' Wait for the trade since the last issue jsut came out.The Ultimates: Yes, this is a 'superhero' book but I'm hoping you can see it as an exception. It's by far my favorite series. It is one of the most well written, most supsenseful comic I have read. Great stories, perfect character interaction, and amazing action sequences, I can never say enough about this series.
.. .-..---...-. -.
..-
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 13 years 10 hours ago #259535

• inertname
  • Level 9
-Beck-;259376 wrote:
keep in mind I'm not too big on "super heroes" (don't want to get sued :p), but am interested in grittier, slightly more based in realistic stuff. Also wouldn't mind stuff in the bizarre humor category either.
I started off the same way when I got into comics but trust me, the super hero market has got some great stuff in it.Also, definitely go with Fables, the best series currently being written.

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 12 years 11 months ago #260141

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
I just finished Wolverine: Enemy of the State series. I really liked it. I will be reading it again. If you love Wolverine and Ninjas (who doesn't?) you will love this. I love John Romita Jr.'s art style. Check it out. The hard cover edition is very nice.

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 12 years 10 months ago #269024

• kadosho
  • Level 10
Army of Darkness vs Marvel Zombies This is a mini-series any fan should pickup! Btw, some notes on ish #3 hit IGN recently.http://comics.ign.com/articles/780/780043p1.html
[gamercard]kadosho[/gamercard]JKOrochinagi KOF fans uniteBTMusic 2.0

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 12 years 10 months ago #269047

Marvel Zombies: Army of DarknessMighty AvengersNew AvengersBlack PantherFantastic FourAnnihilation:Heralds of GalactusPlanet Hulk/WW HulkFallen Son
Behold, the Death\'s Hand.

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 12 years 10 months ago #269050

All I have read through so far are the Halo:GN and Marvel Zombies. I am currently about 2/3 through Powers: Definite Hardcover V1 and loving it. I just ordered Dark Knight Returns, Watchmen, and Kingdom Come. (using the amazon search bar on the allgames front page of course) I've had the three Serenity comics for a while, but I've never bothered to take them out of the sleeves.

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 12 years 10 months ago #269287

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
So yeah, a couple days ago, I had done a straight run on Earth X.What an incredible story. It made me do a lot of thinking about life and meaning.
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 12 years 10 months ago #269292

Star Wars: Legacy - Written by John Ostrander, who also worked on Star Wars: Republic Clone Wars arc... Fantastic read.New X-Men - Possibly the best "X" title out there right now. Written by Craig Kyle & Chris Yost, which brings us to...X-23: Target X - Also written by Craig Kyle & Chris Yost and ties in with the previous New X-Men arc "Mercury Rising."Highlander - Comic picks up shortly after the events of the first film and ties it in with the characters from the tv series after first arc. Written by Brandon Jerwa.
Land Of The Free, Indeed.

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 12 years 9 months ago #270545

A couple of great reads:Marvels-You can find it in a trade paperback. Great read!! Story is about a reporter who is writing a book on the new super beings starting to appear on the scene. Makes you feel like "a man on the street" when the Marvel Universe was ramping up. When reading comics, we see all of the behind the scene goings on but this took the perspective of the normal person who only catches a glimpse of a hero/villain as they pass by or what's on the news. My favorite part was when Galactus first appeared on Earth and the Surfer switched sides to help the FF. The everyday person had no idea of what happened.Ruins- An unofficial sequel to Marvels. Has the same main character who glimpses an alternate version of the Marvel Universe if everything took a turn for the worse.Bullet Points-Series came out around the same time as Civil War and was missed by many. The ultimate "What If".
Behold, the Death\'s Hand.

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 12 years 9 months ago #270551

Green;251666 wrote:
The only thing I read consistently these days is Y the Last Man.
awesome i love that book im so behind on it though