Forum

TOPIC: What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List?

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 13 years 3 months ago #251701

• havok978
  • Level 6
FiveFngrsOfDef;251654 wrote:
I just began collecting again after a 20 year break. I have been looking for an Onslaught trade. Do you know where you purchased it and what it's called?
Its about 6 books I think, and I believe I got them from one of the local comic stores not too long after it happened. I'm at work at the moment so I'll probably have to wait til I get home and dig them out to give you titles, unless I can happen upon something surfing the web.UPDATE: Titles from Amazon, although people appear to be selling them for quite a bit over there:Onslaught Vol 1: The AwakeningOnslaught Vol 2: To The VictorOnslaught Vol 3: Comrades in ArmsOnslaught Vol 4: Eye of the StormOnslaught Vol 5: The Front LineOnslaught Vol 6: Pyrrhic VictoryConviently enough, there was also an epilogue.
[gamercard]havok979[/gamercard]
Wii Friend Code: 0041-2774-6791-8109PS3 Friend Name: havok978
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 13 years 3 months ago #251704

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
I haven't actively collected in years. I do subscribe out to Spider-Man though. Mostly I pick up Graphic novels from time to time. Some of the ones I like are:WantedBone: The Complete cartoon SagaBattleChasers (Includes the first five issues of the series)And if anyone is a fan of Spider-Man. Marvel put out 40 years of spider-man on CD Rom a couple of years back. It has the first appearance of spider-man and all the amazing spider-man up to I think 2003. I am still reading them. I am in the late 70s now. All the comics are in Adobe acrobat. And it is quite a bargain. I believe I purchased it for about 30 bucks.

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 13 years 3 months ago #251747

• GH33DA
  • Stage A - 1
Spider-Man: The Legend of the Spider-Clan #1-5New Warriors #1-6Human Torch #1-6Venom #14-18X-Men Unlimited #37,#41Iceman #3Cable & Deadpool #37X-Men/RunawaysAlpha Flight #8in case you did figure it out...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOsxNd4HFB4http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b86zMggTx_4Still don't get it...http://www.skottieyoung.com/gallery/p17_sectionid/9
Valleys Of NeptuneBuckFarack187;366915 wrote:
I don\'t even know why I still try.

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 13 years 3 months ago #251748

• EvilWall
  • Stage A - 1
I would read comics, but they just cost a bunch of money.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 13 years 3 months ago #251774

EvilWall;251748 wrote:
I would read comics, but they just cost a bunch of money.
That's the beauty of not having collected in a while. I've been going to local comic shops and finding tons of good condition, bagged books in the $1 and less boxes. This allows me to catch up on the past decade cheaply. I have a couple of questions about a couple of titles I've never read and they have runs of 20-25 consecutive issues in these boxes.Deadpool-I only know him from Marvel Ultimate Alliance. They have a nice run of good condition books in the $1 boxes. A couple of people on the forum seem to like him. What's so good about the character?Cable-I remember Cable from the Xmen before I stopped collecting and before he had his own book. How was his series?Transformers-Mayor Young is always talking about the Transformers. How was the comic series?
Behold, the Death\'s Hand.

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 13 years 3 months ago #251777

FiveFngrsOfDef;251774 wrote:
Deadpool-I only know him from Marvel Ultimate Alliance. They have a nice run of good condition books in the $1 boxes. A couple of people on the forum seem to like him. What's so good about the character?
he breaks the fourth wall, and is funny as hell. example:
Cable-I remember Cable from the Xmen before I stopped collecting and before he had his own book. How was his series?
from the few issues i have, mediocre at best.
X-box live: Supernaut113

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 13 years 2 months ago #252047

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
I felt compelled to relate my sad, sad experience here...So the wife takes the baby out this morning to do some shopping. I had my choice of either sleeping in, being productive, or general goofing off. Since I was already wide awake and since I was not in a productive mood, I decided to go hunt down several of the books you guys referenced.Threw on some clothes and went searching for a nearby comics shop (I'm in Orlando, so you'd figure there'd be a bunch). Find one just a few miles away from my house...cool!Well, unfortunately, it ended up being not very cool at all. I walk in and what do I see? About 15 short comic boxes lined along the wall...the rest of the store filled with nothing but collectible card game stuff. I carefully examine the room to see if I might have missed a door to a different section...like, the section where the COMICS would be considering it's a COMICS shop! :pNada.Finally, the guy asks me if he can help me with anything. I ask where all of the NEW comics are. He tells me that because of shipping problems, many of the smaller shops are being forced to either close down or alter their business approach. Seems only the larger shops get their product on time. How fucking sad is that? A comics shop without any new comics coming in! More like a comics graveyard if you ask me.To add insult to injury, their back issue selection is about a 10th of what I have sitting in storage...and most of it is the early 90's garbage that made me want to leave comics in the first place!A very, very sad experience, indeed. Hopefully, I'll make my way to another shop soon and be able to relate a more positive experience. For now, my renewing hunger for the medium remains unfulfilled. :(

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 13 years 2 months ago #252103

Flavius;252047 wrote:
I felt compelled to relate my sad, sad experience here...So the wife takes the baby out this morning to do some shopping. I had my choice of either sleeping in, being productive, or general goofing off. Since I was already wide awake and since I was not in a productive mood, I decided to go hunt down several of the books you guys referenced.Threw on some clothes and went searching for a nearby comics shop (I'm in Orlando, so you'd figure there'd be a bunch). Find one just a few miles away from my house...cool!Well, unfortunately, it ended up being not very cool at all. I walk in and what do I see? About 15 short comic boxes lined along the wall...the rest of the store filled with nothing but collectible card game stuff. I carefully examine the room to see if I might have missed a door to a different section...like, the section where the COMICS would be considering it's a COMICS shop! :pNada.Finally, the guy asks me if he can help me with anything. I ask where all of the NEW comics are. He tells me that because of shipping problems, many of the smaller shops are being forced to either close down or alter their business approach. Seems only the larger shops get their product on time. How fucking sad is that? A comics shop without any new comics coming in! More like a comics graveyard if you ask me.To add insult to injury, their back issue selection is about a 10th of what I have sitting in storage...and most of it is the early 90's garbage that made me want to leave comics in the first place!A very, very sad experience, indeed. Hopefully, I'll make my way to another shop soon and be able to relate a more positive experience. For now, my renewing hunger for the medium remains unfulfilled. :(
MHC, my friend.
X-box live: Supernaut113

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 13 years 2 months ago #252108

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
Mile High is great and all (I actually ordered from them before I was on the ole' WWW), but for me, nothing beats the experience of actually walking into a shop and perusing the stands/boxes/display cases/etc.The way it's looking right now, though, I'm definitely going to keep that route in mind. :)

What's On Your *MUST READ* Comics List? 13 years 2 months ago #253123

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
Flavius;252047 wrote:
Just wanted to update, I'm giving it another go today...Looks like this place might be more in line with my expectations. Wish me luck!