Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Chuck Palahniuk

Chuck Palahniuk 13 years 8 months ago #208887

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Any other Chuck fans out there? This guy is a genious, if you any of you havent read any of his books I suggest picking one up or getting one from the library... I'd suggest that you go with Invisible Monsters... and you are all probably familiar with Fight Club anyways because of the movie...
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Chuck Palahniuk 13 years 8 months ago #208902

• -Beck-
  • Stage A - 1
I say go for Survivor or Lullaby.

Chuck Palahniuk 13 years 8 months ago #208906

yep, he's a good un'
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Chuck Palahniuk 13 years 8 months ago #208910

I read this story online about this kid who got his intestines sucked out by a pool filter while he was jerkin' his gherkin. I think it was by him. It was so goddamn awesome.
C0lin;260170 wrote:
You know you\'re sad when people are teaming up with Arandar to talk shit about you.
[gamercard]Lipkatopolis[/gamercard]

Chuck Palahniuk 13 years 8 months ago #209001

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Badass Penguin wrote:
I read this story online about this kid who got his intestines sucked out by a pool filter while he was jerkin' his gherkin. I think it was by him. It was so goddamn awesome.
http://www.seizureandy.com/stuff/guts.html
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Chuck Palahniuk 13 years 8 months ago #209339

• inertname
  • Level 9
My favorites are Invisible Monsters and Choke. Have yet to read Lullably, Diary, or Haunted though, I've been having trouble getting into Diary. Oh yeah I haven't read his nonfiction either.

Chuck Palahniuk 13 years 8 months ago #209566

• KingKRool
  • Level 8
I loved Lullaby. I read Fight Club too...I should start on Survivior. I have it laying on my desk in my room...I should really actually read it D:.
Hell yes.

Chuck Palahniuk 13 years 8 months ago #209664

• nekobun
  • Stage B - 2
Survivor was probably my fave so far, but I'm a little behind on his stuff right now.

Chuck Palahniuk 13 years 7 months ago #215365

• gorilla
  • Stage B - 3
Survivor was the first one I read. Very demented as always, I loved it, good intro to his work.Fight Club I read next. One of his best. The movie is possibly the best, most successful book-to-film conversion I've personally experienced. I mean, almost every scene is practically verbatim out of the book, except for the ending. Everything sounds and looks precisely as you'd imagine, if you'd read the book prior to seeing the movie.Lullaby I read third, and it was my favorite. It's a bit slow starting out, but I found it to be the most twisted and sadistic at the end. Plus the last 80-100 pages is a fucking whack job. I would recommend everyone who hasn't to read it. Have a bit of patience, because once it gets going you'll really enjoy the story.Haunted was good. I liked the addition of the stories by the characters. I knew Guts would be in there. By the way, Guts is the sickest shit I've ever read. You can check it out on the link a few posts up. Do so, but don't eat first.
[url=irc://irc.sysnode.org/sysnode]
irc.sysnode.org[/url]

Chuck Palahniuk 12 years 9 months ago #275457

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
JUst bought his new book today (it came out may 1st)It's called Rant: An Oral Biography of Buster Casey.it's awesome so far, its done in a different style than he usually uses but at the same time it still feels like a book by chuck palahniuk.
EvilWall wrote:
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
  • Page: