Forum

TOPIC: well...what are you reading now?

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 1 month ago #29450

In A Sunburned country by Bill BrysonAll-Night,I like the Dylan Thomas qoute in your sig
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 1 month ago #29641

Right now I am reading an excellent book called "Xombies" by Walter Greatshell. A very original take on Zombie horror fiction.

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 1 month ago #29684

• Style
  • Stage B - 1
Kevin Mitnick's - The art of deception

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 1 month ago #30147

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
"When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops?" - George Carlin.Great book. You all must buy. Period.
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 1 month ago #30614

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
I'm reading New Spring the novel version by Robert Jordan. Its a prequal of sorts having to do with some of the main characters about 20 years before and leading up to the main story in The Wheel of Time. For anyone who is a fain of that series I suggest you check it out since this is the full version, expanded from the shortened version that was in the Legends book along with those other stories. I also have to finish up The Han Solo Adeventures when I am done with this book. For some reason this one is just taking me so much longer to read. The pring is a little bit smaller, but still its just harder for some reason. Heh it shouldn't be considering the smallest Wheel of Time books like nearly 700 pages and the HS Adeventures is like 500 something.

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 1 month ago #30787

I'm reading Terry Brooks's "The Voyage of teh Jerle Shannara" trilogy at the moment.Finished Isle Witch yesterday and started Antrax this afternoon.
Defender of all consoles except CD-i.Wii Owner Since 04/25/07.Friend Code: 8872 5758 0015 9759Currently playing: SSX Blur (Wii), Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii), Mario Party 8 (Wii), Guitar Hero II (PS2)

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 1 month ago #31012

• MageMasher
  • Stage A - 1
Blankets
My Last.fm page
It all began with...birth by sleep.

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 1 month ago #31258

• nekobun
  • Stage B - 2
Whenever I get a chance (aka, mostly bathroom reading), I've been paging through the rulebook for Paranoia XP.

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 1 month ago #31819

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
I just recently finished up River of the Dancing Gods by Jack Chalker. It was sent to me by Mark Wolfe, one of the former mods at G4TTV (and the guy who organizes the Philly Classic.) He sent it to me to answer the question of why he was named "Ruddygore" on the forums, as the sorcerer in the book is Throckmorton P. Ruddygore (which was his full handle.)It was a fun, light parody of the fantasy genre, pulling two normal Earth people into a fantasy world and throwing every single fantasy cliche in the world at them. It even ends with "All epics are trilogies" as a Law of the land in the last paragraph, and yep, it is a trilogy.I've gone back and I'm now reading Prophet Without Honour: Anarchy Online Book One which I never finished the first time I picked it up due to time constraints. It's actually got a lot of the backstory of the AO game world written by Ragnar Tornquist (who also wrote The Longest Journey, one of the last great PC adventure games.)I really want to get The DaVinci Code. I'll probably get into that one next.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 1 month ago #31886

crap. my school's forcing me to read Romeo and Juliet.besides that, i recently finished up Fahrenheit 451. pretty kickass book.