Forum

TOPIC: well...what are you reading now?

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 4 months ago #3380

Excluding my textbook for school, I'm reading/will be reading:Antonia Fraser's Faith & TreasonBill Bryson's In a Sunburned CountryBarbara Tuchman's: The Zimmerman Telegram (great read about the U.S. entering WW1)The First Salute (the American Revolution) -AT
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 4 months ago #3763

• Zepoliney
  • Level 6
The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test. Awesome read about the introduction of Acid into counter-culture. Recommended.
Now Playing: HALO 2!!!!!

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 2 months ago #26679

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
Amoeba Music's Guide To The Best Of 2004(So Far)
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 2 months ago #26683

The Egyptians by Cyril Aldred (and yes, there'll be a review unless popular demand is to have me stop, lol)
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 2 months ago #26694

Moby DickOr, I should be. Had it for summer reading, 4 months ago, have yet to get past the first page (fucking boring book)

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 2 months ago #27322

I'm going to start reading 1984 soon, and I need to finish Return of the King.

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 2 months ago #27405

I'm reading Black Hawk Down. It's really depressing.

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 1 month ago #29420

1984 is terrifyingly awesome. I suggest everyone, who hasn't, to read it.

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 1 month ago #29421

Captain M4d wrote:
1984 is terrifyingly awesome. I suggest everyone, who hasn't, to read it.
Yeah I've read it several times. The book that really got to me was Brave New World by Aludous Huxley. With its predictions of genetics, whole populations doped up......hang on a sec.

well...what are you reading now? 15 years 1 month ago #29449

I'm reading a book called "A Murder in Wartime." It's about how the Green Berets executed a suspected VC agent, but were then charged for murder.