Forum

TOPIC: Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 13 years 6 months ago #188036

They'll bring them back with Science!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 13 years 6 months ago #189673

• KingKRool
  • Level 8
Wildarms7000 wrote:
They'll bring them back with Science!
Reed is the science guy. If he dies, oh noes.
Hell yes.

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 12 years 9 months ago #253051

As much as I love Marvel, the last MAJOR character they've killed off that hasn't been "resurrected" is Captain Marvel from the 70's. Phoenix is reborn and dies every couple of years (hence her name). No matter who it is, they will be back.
Behold, the Death\'s Hand.

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 12 years 9 months ago #253052

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
FiveFngrsOfDef;253051 wrote:
As much as I love Marvel, the last MAJOR character they've killed off that hasn't been "resurrected" is Captain Marvel from the 70's.
Rumors/expectations on when he's supposed to returned.
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 12 years 9 months ago #253087

• havok978
  • Level 6
KingKRool;178219 wrote:
JQ - ... you heard it here first: two of the FF die, not just one. Gone, goodbye, nevermore...NRAMA: And “nevermore” is a strong word, you realize you’re either a.) setting expectations for a genuine, long-term death; b.) you¹re leaving yourself open to that statement dogging you for a while if “nevermore” turns out to be not-quite-nevermoreJQ - No, no kidding really, these people actually die. I even went into Tom Brevoort’s office to double check on this; we’re talking some dead FF folk.
As has been speculated throughout this thread, my ass. I generously give it 2 years at the most before they're back, in some form or another.
[gamercard]havok979[/gamercard]
Wii Friend Code: 0041-2774-6791-8109PS3 Friend Name: havok978

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 12 years 8 months ago #255297

• Captain N
  • Stage A - 1
Blue Falcon;178431 wrote:
Spider-Man Unlimited #14I'll assume two things; one, that the Peter you were reffering to was Spider-Man, and two, this is the fortress aka the Latverian Embassy (in NYC?) I'm not sure if this is moderately relevant, but it's the first thing that came to mind when you said that.Also, another side-note on why I don't think this one-shot will have Johnny Storm dieing... He's in the Civil War, which means it's either Reed Richards or Ben Grimm.
Can't really use that as evidence. After all, Spidey is on Iron Man's side (No longer the case) and Wolverine won't leave the X-men and isn't present at the final brawl of Civil War (Issue 6)Still I, actually find myself.....caring. It's amazing, Civil War has made me care about characters I never liked. The FF are interesting, I care what Captain America is doing again, and some huge characters (No pun intended, if you get the pun) are dying. Civil War is probably the best thing to happen to comics since Secret Wars.

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 12 years 8 months ago #255326

• Mayor Young
  • Administrator
Captain N;255297 wrote:
Can't really use that as evidence. After all, Spidey is on Iron Man's side (No longer the case) and Wolverine won't leave the X-men and isn't present at the final brawl of Civil War (Issue 6)Still I, actually find myself.....caring. It's amazing, Civil War has made me care about characters I never liked. The FF are interesting, I care what Captain America is doing again, and some huge characters (No pun intended, if you get the pun) are dying. Civil War is probably the best thing to happen to comics since Secret Wars.
Civil War is good but I think the "greatness" of this tale will be determined by the impact it really has on the universe. I don't believe Marvel will go back to status quo but I do think that there is a possibility of things becoming a lot more mundane than a story of this magnitude may merit.As far a major characters dieing I'm not sure Goliath qualifies. I think many comic book fans had no idea who he was until the Civil War and I'm pretty sure that they placed him there just to die. Now killing Sue Richards in Civil War would be something!I know according to the sources in this thread that event won't happen in the span of this series (which would be a mistake in my opinion) but the fact is that I would be disappointed if no one else buys the farm in the battle to come. So much so that I'm willing to gamble characters I hold near and dear in order to make it a fitting climax. With all the pent up hero aggression along with the villains thrown in for good measure if we don't have a few paralyzed heroes at the end of this joint at the very least I may have to call Shenanigans!As to the fate of the Fantastic Four I think killing two of them off is the best thing that could ever happen to those characters. Reed Richards has never been more interesting than he is right now. As far as I'm concerned they can get rid of all the rest. Begin backlash now please :-)

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 12 years 8 months ago #255345

• Captain N
  • Stage A - 1
Mr. Young;255326 wrote:
Civil War is good but I think the "greatness" of this tale will be determined by the impact it really has on the universe. I don't believe Marvel will go back to status quo but I do think that there is a possibility of things becoming a lot more mundane than a story of this magnitude may merit.As far a major characters dieing I'm not sure Goliath qualifies. I think many comic book fans had no idea who he was until the Civil War and I'm pretty sure that they placed him there just to die. Now killing Sue Richards in Civil War would be something!I know according to the sources in this thread that event won't happen in the span of this series (which would be a mistake in my opinion) but the fact is that I would be disappointed if no one else buys the farm in the battle to come. So much so that I'm willing to gamble characters I hold near and dear in order to make it a fitting climax. With all the pent up hero aggression along with the villains thrown in for good measure if we don't have a few paralyzed heroes at the end of this joint at the very least I may have to call Shenanigans!As to the fate of the Fantastic Four I think killing two of them off is the best thing that could ever happen to those characters. Reed Richards has never been more interesting than he is right now. As far as I'm concerned they can get rid of all the rest. Begin backlash now please :-)
I wasn't specifically refering to Goliath. Being a big Spider-man fan, I consider the deaths of Hammerhead and Jack-O-Lantern to be pretty big. Not to mention the entire New Warriors cast. With the obvious exclusion of Speedball/PennanceAnyway, They'll probably end up somehow masking the identity of most of the heroes again, but I do think there will be some risidual impact, but not as great as anyone would hope. My guess as to who would die from the FF is probably Invisible woman, obviously. They'll most likely want to show the residual effects it'll have to boost readers, so her brother and husband need to be around to be sad. So who else would die? Sorry big guy, but it might just be your last Clobberin' Time ;(

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 12 years 8 months ago #255999

wait, they renamed FF: the end?
X-box live: Supernaut113

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 12 years 8 months ago #256106

Can we just kill all of the FF already? They are by far the worst superheroes, along with Ghost Rider.
.. .-..---...-. -.
..-