Forum

TOPIC: Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 13 years 7 months ago #178219

• KingKRool
  • Level 8
This is from a Newsarama interview, found here .NRAMA: Now let’s get to probably the subject of the week – the FF. First of all, can you tell us about the just-solicited Death in the Family one-shot, promising the death of Sue Richards?In reads, and we quote, “Not a dream, not a hoax”...So this is truly “in continuity” and she really buys it?JQ - Karl Kesel has created one of the best told in one FF stories in a very long time, and yes, unfortunately, there will be a death in the FF family and it is all in continuity. But here’s some Joe Fridays breaking news that the solicits don’t tell ya, and remember, you heard it here first: two of the FF die, not just one. Gone, goodbye, nevermore. By the way, let me state this clearly for the record. This story is not a Civil War tie-in!NRAMA: While this question may sound sarcastic, it’s actually genuine. How can you have a title called Fantastic Four with 2 of them dead?JQ - That is pretty weird, isn't it?NRAMA: And “nevermore” is a strong word, you realize you’re either a.) setting expectations for a genuine, long-term death; b.) you¹re leaving yourself open to that statement dogging you for a while if “nevermore” turns out to be not-quite-nevermoreJQ - No, no kidding really, these people actually die. I even went into Tom Brevoort’s office to double check on this; we’re talking some dead FF folk.:( What's with this Marvel thing going on? Why do they keep killing off heroes?
Hell yes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 13 years 7 months ago #178221

• Regole
  • Stage A - 1
You should clarify that FF means Fantastic Four.

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 13 years 7 months ago #178224

• guero
  • Level 6
$20 bucks says its not an actual member of the Fantastic Four, just their homies.

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 13 years 7 months ago #178228

• KingKRool
  • Level 8
Regole wrote:
You should clarify that FF means Fantastic Four.
Well I'm not aware of any Final Fantasy books/mags...guero wrote:
$20 bucks says its not an actual member of the Fantastic Four, just their homies.
Did you not read the interview? Sue will die...I mean, they already killed off my favorite Avenger, Vision....
Hell yes.

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 13 years 7 months ago #178260

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
The linked to in the interview (where it said 'just-solicited')- it lead them here. If you look beyond that, and find the section related to the 'A Death in the Family' oneshot, it's described as the following: The Invisible Woman is dead! As Reed cradles his murdered wife, lost in grief, and Ben rampages after Sue's killer, Johnny defiantly decides to do whatever it takes no matter the cost or consequence to see his sister alive again. What he does will change the way the Fantastic Four look at him forever. "A Death in the Family"-- not a dream, not a hoax... and not to be missed.Since Ben has gone off (alone, most likely), he seems like a possible target for being killed, because he won't has his other two (living) members around for any support. I haven't the slightest idea who it was who killed Sue, but if the FF's I've read in past years indicate anything - the group worked so well together because they always had each other to make up for their weaknesses. Ben fighting alone would put him in a bad situation. Sure, he's pretty much solid rock...but how long could that last for him?For the Human Torch, what could he be possibly be doing to change how he's looked at forever? Some kind of weird sacrifice to bring her back? I have doubts on all levels that he'll be killed off. And I'm not even considering the possibility that he may very well be the fan favorite of the Four. The death of him would probably bring up the most negative effect from the fans over any other member. Sure, any death would be a sorrow because the Fantastic Four has always been the Fantastic Four (the Avengers and X-Men can't say this), which is why fans will obviously 'mourn' (in that comic book kind of way) about it...but Johnny would leave a terrible backlash for Marvel. So if he gets killed, I'll be considerably more shocked than when I heard of Hawkeye's death from the House of M story.Now for Reed. His wife is dead. His child is motherless (They did have a kid, right?). Clearly, he's probably the one being bothered by this the most (maybe besides Sue's brother, Johnny...which makes me wonder why Ben is the one going on a rampage and not Johnny or Reed). His mind is probably not in the right place and all his rational thought, gone probably. So I'm going to just propose a possibility (I'm not saying it's likely...but I don't find the idea impossible) - suicide. I can see Reed losing his cool to the point in which he goes off the deep end and just ends it. But he is the leader afterall, so I guess the chances of him surviving this are more likely than not.Sidenote: I haven't been reading up on any comics as of the past few years (although I pay attention to IGN updates whenever) but....Not Civil War related? How? Everyone is aiming to kill each other, and he means to say that two members of FF are getting killed off for no reason pertaining to their biggest story arc of the year? Also on FF 536, Doom has Thor's Hammer. How in the hell are the F2 (Saying that pisses me off already) supposed to beat Doom...they haven't killed him off yet, and they had four people for the past four decades or so...but without their other half? Unless Thor is becoming a member of the team, I don't see any two-person combo of the Fantastic Four alone beating him.I think I have to start reading comics again.And I think I've typed up far too much for my own good. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 13 years 7 months ago #178418

• KingKRool
  • Level 8
Blue Falcon wrote:
How in the hell are the F2 (Saying that pisses me off already) supposed to beat Doom...they haven't killed him off yet, and they had four people for the past four decades or so...but without their other half?
You know, I've read "The Other" storyline and from what I read, Doom went crazy. I have no idea where he is though...Peter just goes into his fortress, and there is no sign of him.The Other and New Avengers are the only two new comics I've been keeping up with. Nothing else :/.
Hell yes.

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 13 years 7 months ago #178431

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
KingKRool wrote:
You know, I've read "The Other" storyline and from what I read, Doom went crazy. I have no idea where he is though...Peter just goes into his fortress, and there is no sign of him.The Other and New Avengers are the only two new comics I've been keeping up with. Nothing else :/.
Spider-Man Unlimited #14I'll assume two things; one, that the Peter you were reffering to was Spider-Man, and two, this is the fortress aka the Latverian Embassy (in NYC?) I'm not sure if this is moderately relevant, but it's the first thing that came to mind when you said that.Also, another side-note on why I don't think this one-shot will have Johnny Storm dieing... He's in the Civil War, which means it's either Reed Richards or Ben Grimm.

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 13 years 7 months ago #180906

• KingKRool
  • Level 8
Blue Falcon wrote:
Spider-Man Unlimited #14I'll assume two things; one, that the Peter you were reffering to was Spider-Man, and two, this is the fortress aka the Latverian Embassy (in NYC?) I'm not sure if this is moderately relevant, but it's the first thing that came to mind when you said that.Also, another side-note on why I don't think this one-shot will have Johnny Storm dieing... He's in the Civil War, which means it's either Reed Richards or Ben Grimm.
I really hope Ben doesn't die. Reed on the other hand...I think he's gone away for a long while before. He came back though. Maybe they'll do that again?
Hell yes.

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 13 years 7 months ago #180931

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
Another reason why I think it'll be Ben:The Illuminati which consists of Prof. X, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Namor, Black Bolt and Reed Richards. They're the ones responsible for putting the Hulk in space (for the Planet Hulk storyline). Do you think Marvel would make this Reed's last major activity? I can't see Marvel killing him off after something like this.

Two Members of FF To Die In Upcoming One-Shot 13 years 7 months ago #181290

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Wow and I Just started nack reading Uncanny X-men (went to the local shop this past weekend). I've missed a lot. Bu the way Uncanny #467 was awesomely grusome, not to mention a half nekkid Psylocke.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo