Forum

TOPIC: Marvel's Civil War

Marvel's Civil War 13 years 7 months ago #196042

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
ULTRA WARRIOR wrote:
Ummm isn't Bucky the Winter Soldier in the current Captain America comic? Least that's what they were claiming the few issues I read of it. As for Civil War........there's just to many friggin books to buy. I might just collect THOSE books. Piss on buying all the tie-in books. Right now Infinite Crisis >>>>>>>>> Anything Marvel is currently putting out.
I wouldn't know...haven't picked up a new comic in a little over 10 years now.It used to be a well-worn phrase mocking the seemingly monthly death-then-resurrections of some minor, some not so minor, characters in comics' continuity. But after the prism, die-cut, gatefold, hologram, foil, multiple covers, collector's edition bullshit fiasco that Marvel, Image & DC crapped out onto their fans back in the early 90's...comics were dead to me.Occasionally, however, I see that spark trying to reel me back in...if the initial word-of-mouth on this one is good, I might just take a look.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Marvel's Civil War 13 years 7 months ago #197036

• Toshin
  • Level 2
After missing the spidey Other arc...which I knew was going to lead to something good :eyes: ....I'm nabbed all the civ war stuff up to now and enjoying it alot being the mild reader I am. Intresting how its going to play out overall...And speaking of varient covers...dear god the #1 for Civ took off like crazyy....

Marvel's Civil War 13 years 7 months ago #197136

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
don't forget "Gree Comic Book Day" happening tomarrow!! I'm gonna miss a signing cause I have to go to work but hopefully I'll get that WOlverine comic their giving out.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Marvel's Civil War 13 years 6 months ago #197366

Picked it up today & liked it. Looks like it's going to be an interesting read. I still have no plans to buy all these damn Tie-In books though.As for Free Comic Book Day, here's what I got....X-Men:Runaways ( It has a portion of that book, a short Franklin Richards strip, portion Marvel Adventures: The Avengers & lastly a recap of everything going on in Ultimate Spiderman ), G.I Joe: Sigma 6, Donald Duck, Superman/Batman #1 ( pretty much a reprinting of the issue ), Justice League Unlimited #1, Star Wars/Conan split issue, Bongo Comics ( Simpsons Come Book Guy book ), Star Wars: Rebellion/Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic #0 split issue, Archie 65th Anniversary Bash #1, Arcana Studios presents #3, Worlds of Aspen #1, Transformers: Infiltration/ Beast Wars: The Gathering split issue, 2 mini Viz manga sampler books & last but not least a Wolverine HeroClix figurine/ game piece. Not a bad haul on Free Comic Book Day, eh? heh.
How \'bout dem Cowboys?

Marvel's Civil War 13 years 6 months ago #197408

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Falcon you are EVIL!!!!!!!Do you know how many years it's been since I bought a comic. I swear if I'm back to buying 20 - 30 different titles a month again I'm blaming you.:D

Marvel's Civil War 13 years 6 months ago #197467

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
Moon, you'll buy all 81 books (all related titles including pre, main story, and related issues) and you'll like it. :mad: :D Although, I'm thinking about waiting for the whole story to go to TPB, so I can get it all in one shot (and avoid listening to my parents looking at me in shame if they were to see me collect comic books again...I lack friends as it is). I'm thinking about getting back into comics altogether doing that (I know I'm going to start reading Young Avengers when the second TPB set comes out, because I've heard nothing but great things about that comic)
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV

Marvel's Civil War 13 years 5 months ago #207223

• Captain N
  • Stage A - 1
Uh, I guess I'm just not getting it, but is this Civil War set in a seperate universe or something? I'm following Civil War, but I was looking into other comic series in the Marvel universe (X-men, House of M, etc) and it's not even mentioned. Am I missing something or do they just ignore certain plots in certain comics?

Marvel's Civil War 13 years 5 months ago #207444

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
a huge shocker in the marvel universe just happened, From the Civil Wars storyline, Spiderman has done the unthinkable and revealed his true identity as Peter Peter at a Press Conference, More info about it here.

Marvel's Civil War 13 years 5 months ago #207458

• Blue Falcon
  • Stage A - 1
N: No, this is part of Earth 616, and whatnot. The X-Men have a four issue mini-series, known as Civil War: X-Men, but beyond that, nothing else. Well, unless you count Wolverine [who's been a part of the Avengers for awhile now, but that's not the point]. The Civil War Checklist shows all the comics related to the Civil War.TigerClaw: Crazy, huh? Oh man, Spider-Man looks to be in a lot of trouble with that CW#5 cover.
Myspace.XBL: CobaltFalconV

Marvel's Civil War 13 years 5 months ago #207462

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
Blue Falcon wrote:
N: No, this is part of Earth 616, and whatnot. The X-Men have a four issue mini-series, known as Civil War: X-Men, but beyond that, nothing else. Well, unless you count Wolverine [who's been a part of the Avengers for awhile now, but that's not the point]. The Civil War Checklist shows all the comics related to the Civil War.TigerClaw: Crazy, huh? Oh man, Spider-Man looks to be in a lot of trouble with that CW#5 cover.
Indeed it is, I havent read comics in years, But whats been going on I find very intriguing.