Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Harry Potter Books Sold by Accident

Harry Potter Books Sold by Accident 14 years 4 months ago #102662

• Nivea
  • Stage B - 3
Not really a J.K. Rowling fan, but if I was one of the 14 people, I would easily give the book back to them for a signed autograph.http://apnews.myway.com//article/20050712/D8BA144O2.html
AKA Speaker
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Harry Potter Books Sold by Accident 14 years 4 months ago #102668

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
That cover looks shitty.I would too, Then read it, and sell it.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

Harry Potter Books Sold by Accident 14 years 4 months ago #102670

• SageClaw
  • Stage B - 3
Justice Kristi Gill last Saturday ordered customers not to talk about the book, copy it, sell it or even read it before it is officially released at 12:01 a.m. July 16.
Ah Canada... suddenly I am a digging the whole 'freedom of speech' thing even more right now. : )
The order also compels them to return the novel to the publisher, Raincoast Book Distribution Ltd., until the official release. At that time it will be returned to them.
Um, okay.
As an added incentive, Raincoast will include Rowling's autograph and a gift pack.
Because I guess a Judge telling you to do it just isn't enough for those wacky Canadians."Gee, I would really like not to break the law but... HEY autographs! Cool!"Heh.
"Well if I knew what I was talking about do you really think I would waste it on an Internet Forum?" SageClaw

Harry Potter Books Sold by Accident 14 years 4 months ago #102672

• Nivea
  • Stage B - 3
The Matrix wrote:
That cover looks shitty.I would too, Then read it, and sell it.
That is the international version of the cover. America gets the special treatment and gets a better cover for all it's HP books.
AKA Speaker

Harry Potter Books Sold by Accident 14 years 4 months ago #102684

SageClaw wrote:
Ah Canada... suddenly I am a digging the whole 'freedom of speech' thing even more right now. : )
Yep. The gov. won't go after us though the freedom of speech. They'll just use eminent domain[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]
The order also compels them to return the novel to the publisher,
Look deep into my eyes. You are getting veak. You are compelled to do vhat I vant. Now GIMMEE BACK THE BOOK![/font][font=Verdana,Sans-serif]
As an added incentive, Raincoast will include Rowling's autograph and a gift pack.
And you'll get a nice gift pack because we don't lilke to come off too harsh, eh. [/font]
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Harry Potter Books Sold by Accident 14 years 4 months ago #102686

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Well they got the time wrong, its 12:00 AM EST on the dot. I don't actually know about the West Coast and if they have to wait until their midnight or can sell it at 9PM once it reaches the East Coast's midnight. We just got our books in today, 284 boxes and probably more to come. Ugh. Heh if anyone opens a box before its time to sell them they get fired, so yeah their REALLY serious about the book not coming out until midnight on Saturday. I bet the guy at the grocery store won't be working there anymore. Unless of course they just don't care since its a grocery store.

Harry Potter Books Sold by Accident 14 years 4 months ago #103428

as a side note, one of these 14 people new very well what was going on, tore all the pages out, scanned the whole book, and now its a torrent.lol@ prewhoring BOOKS
- six years and counting, damn -

Harry Potter Books Sold by Accident 14 years 4 months ago #103432

• Captain N
  • Stage A - 1
SageClaw wrote:
You are aware that we do that too right? Reality TV show contestants aren't allowed to say a thing about their experiences until the show's finished, Jury members aren't allowed to speak to anyone about the case, Game testers are told to keep hush hush about what they play ( I think it's forced, I dunno )

Harry Potter Books Sold by Accident 14 years 4 months ago #103435

• SageClaw
  • Stage B - 3
Captain N wrote:
You are aware that we do that too right? Reality TV show contestants aren't allowed to say a thing about their experiences until the show's finished, Jury members aren't allowed to speak to anyone about the case, Game testers are told to keep hush hush about what they play ( I think it's forced, I dunno )
Reality TV show contestants and Game Testers have to sign away that right to participate. They have a choice to not sign it and well... not participate.Jury members aren't allowed to talk about it to people not involved with the case as it might influence their decision from a source that hasn't been provided information in the court.(shrug)On another note, do you guys thing it was 14 different people or one guy that just bought 14 copies. : )
But the store slipped up and sold 14 copies before realizing its mistake.
"Well if I knew what I was talking about do you really think I would waste it on an Internet Forum?" SageClaw

Harry Potter Books Sold by Accident 14 years 4 months ago #103446

• Stevie Lee
  • Level 8
I'm going to dl that shit on BT...
  • Page: