Forum

TOPIC: Biggest Comic Release of Year!

Biggest Comic Release of Year! 14 years 5 months ago #101571

• Carps
  • Stage A - 3
Here's a heads up for those who might have seen Batman Begins and want to get back into Batman or those who love Frank Miller and what he does with the Dark Night. Frank Miller writer of such series as The Dark Knight Returns and Batman: Year One is returning to Bruce Wayne in the new comic series "All-Star Batman and Robin" released on July 13th. It is also being drawn by the same guy who has done such Batman works as the critically acclaimed "Hush"! Talk about dream team, The comic book also explores a lot of where Batman Begins left off to try and hook in the audience from the movie...As Miller said, “This is Dick Grayson's initiation and he's dealing with a very stern teacher. Batman is a hard teacher - unforgiving. Brutal. At the same time, Grayson is watching Batman come into his full power. Me and Jim Lee get to play with all of DC's toys. It'll be a romp. It'll be a lot of fun. I plan on raiding DC's treasury of characters. There won't be a Black Canary or a Wonder Woman unused.”http://www.newsarama.com/DC/AS/AS_Batman.htm
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Biggest Comic Release of Year! 14 years 5 months ago #101665

• Tulare
  • Stage A - 1
Jim Lee is drawing it, or just mentioned? Him drawing batman would be interesting to see. Frank Miller back on batman is great to hear.

Biggest Comic Release of Year! 14 years 5 months ago #103860

• Holland
  • Level 1
BamBam wrote:
Jim Lee is drawing it, or just mentioned? Him drawing batman would be interesting to see. Frank Miller back on batman is great to hear.
Jim Lee has drawn Batman in the Past. It was called Hush, and it was a fucking megaseller.Also, I got the first ish today, along with Ultimate X-Men #61.Both of them ruled pretty fucking hard.
I\'d be all of that.

Biggest Comic Release of Year! 14 years 5 months ago #104196

• Carps
  • Stage A - 3
I just read the first issue today. I have a few problems with it-- mainly that Miller tends to write very gritty texts. His works are often very dark, that's why the artwork he draws in things like Sin City and The Dark Knight Returns matches it. It's sort of hard to see his writing style with Jim Lee's very bright, exuberant colors. It's very pretty but--I don't know if it meshes well, either way, I'm hooked enough to keep reading to see how it turns out.