Forum

TOPIC: Site Functionality Suggestions

Site Functionality Suggestions 10 years 10 months ago #331857

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
Hey guys, this is a thread for constructive criticism on the FUNCTIONALITY of the main site. This is for how the site works and what you can do on it. (There is another sticky thread about the visuals which are independent of the functionality.)What from the old site would you like to see return? (Other than the Review Squad - that's coming.) What new features would you like to see added to the homepage that were not there before? What would make you visit the site more often?Since I've built the backend from the ground up, I have a lot more flexibility to make cool things happen. (The schedule timezone thingy being the tip of the iceberg.) But I would rather not spend that much time developing something people don't want to see.Some of the stuff I will be working on: Text content (Review Squad and perhaps opinion articles written by show hosts), an iPhone-based site (this one looks like it may be easier than it sounded, you may see this before E3) and maybe something involving user profiles. Right now you can log in with your forum username and password, and that really only benefits our admins who use the backend database to add podcasts to the system. I want to do more with that. Also, I do eventually want to add back a commenting system, and perhaps those can tie back to the user profiles.But give me YOUR suggestions as to what you want to see. Please keep it all constructive, but even if you don't like how something behaves on the site let me know.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Site Functionality Suggestions 10 years 10 months ago #331893

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Maybe some more customization/personalization options? Themes or at least letting users pick colors of page elements? Let people pick a couple of their favorite RSS news feeds? Ning/community site integration. Stuff like that might make me put the front page as a bookmark if not my home page. Right now I just bookmark the forums and the community site and only occasionally visit the front page.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Site Functionality Suggestions 10 years 10 months ago #332284

Bring back the ticker with the big banners for the different shows on the network, and somehow make it so that they are displayed in a more dynamic way than before (so that every show gets equal time on the ticker's rotation). In the current layout, the affiliate shows get buried into that 2nd optional tab for latest shows, and if I didn't know any better, I'd think that only the in-house programming is what's available for me to listen to. I hope its making an sense.BTW, I'm not sure if this should've gone in the design suggestions or functionality, so feel free to move accordingly.
[gamercard]Foodie Monster[/gamercard]Check out the Ultimate Quest! Your RPG Exclusive Podcast!

Site Functionality Suggestions 10 years 10 months ago #332286

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
There will be a ticker later on - we actually already had one created and we were about to roll it out, but decided that the big square ad on the homepage was a better idea in the short term to try to recoup the revenue we lost while the site was down.Click on those ads!
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam