Forum

TOPIC: Site & Forum Server Migration TONIGHT (July 2) 1AM ET/10PM PT - Short Forum Downtime

Site & Forum Server Migration TONIGHT (July 2) 1AM ET/10PM PT - Short Forum Downtime 10 years 8 months ago #331585

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
We have finally done our testing of the new site on our Dedicated Server and will be leaving ReliableSite.Net (and IIS) for good TONIGHT. I will be taking the forums down at 1AM ET/10PM PT to do the database backup and transfer to the new site, and then I will be switching our DNS records over. The main website will still be available as no part of it is really updated during that time.The downtime could be anywhere from an hour to four hours, depending on how long it takes your DNS to propagate. (The actual database migration will take about 15-20 minutes.)Once the forums are back up, there *may* be some issues with stability. I have optimized what I can out of the MySQL database on that server, however I won't really know until we actually get a lot of people on the site at once. I'll try to keep a watch on it and see if we're good. Let me know if you run into any problems.ONLY the Forums will be down during the transition. The main site, chat, community, girls, shop, and wiki will all still be operational.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Site & Forum Server Migration TONIGHT (July 2) 1AM ET/10PM PT - Short Forum Downtime 10 years 8 months ago #331603

• agn
  • Administrator
big cheers for bobby, rabid, and the Zster for all their hard work making this move a reality. Once the site is moved we'll begin addressing the next steps in design and functionality.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

Site & Forum Server Migration TONIGHT (July 2) 1AM ET/10PM PT - Short Forum Downtime 10 years 8 months ago #331622

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
guess I'll be going to bed then. :)
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

Site & Forum Server Migration TONIGHT (July 2) 1AM ET/10PM PT - Short Forum Downtime 10 years 8 months ago #331631

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
If you're able to log in and see this message, then you're able to see the new dedicated server.Welcome home.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Site & Forum Server Migration TONIGHT (July 2) 1AM ET/10PM PT - Short Forum Downtime 10 years 8 months ago #331640

• kadosho
  • Level 10
3am (doe eyed & bushy tailed), the forums loads alot faster (no interruptions)Great to see things working alot better. =D
[gamercard]kadosho[/gamercard]JKOrochinagi KOF fans uniteBTMusic 2.0

Site & Forum Server Migration TONIGHT (July 2) 1AM ET/10PM PT - Short Forum Downtime 10 years 8 months ago #331659

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
Damn, just moving around the forums seems faster already.This is awesome. Great job guys!
gmachina - gaming news in bulk

Site & Forum Server Migration TONIGHT (July 2) 1AM ET/10PM PT - Short Forum Downtime 10 years 8 months ago #331957

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Yeah I've noticed a big improvement as well. Nice work!