Forum

TOPIC: Allgames for the iPhone

Allgames for the iPhone 10 years 8 months ago #331381

I know you guys are working on a site redesign so I don't expect this any time soon. I think it'd be nice to have a mini version of the site for iPhones. With the new iPhone coming out next week I'm sure some of the community will be getting them and it'd be nice to have a main page formatted for the small screen. I don't have a current iPhone so I don't know how websites work on it. Does anyone know if the live stream be possible or even java chat?
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Allgames for the iPhone 10 years 8 months ago #331383

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
I'm not exactly sure about live stream or chatting, although I do think that there are some solutions for IRC that will work on an iPhone. However, I have been looking at a site that has an iPhone-style interface for their podcasts (Georgia Podcast Network) so I'll be looking into what I can do about at least putting our podcast directory in iPhone format.I know LOKI's pretty good about doing PSP-based stuff as well. I've kind of designed the backend of the site to allow for us to make other versions of the site. I'd love to get an iPhone, PSP, and Wii specific versions online eventually.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Allgames for the iPhone 10 years 8 months ago #331956

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Mini-sites would be great. Although text input is a pain, the psp browser comes in quite handy. Being able to surf allgames on it would be great - especially if you can get teh chat to work with some sort of java qwerty keyboard, but I don't expect miracles ;)

Allgames for the iPhone 10 years 8 months ago #332032

• Kropotkin
  • Level 6
Well it would work for any mobile phone that supports a full browser like the N95 as well as the iPhone so it sounds like a great idea.
XBL Tag: Kropotkin

Allgames for the iPhone 10 years 8 months ago #332046

I use an iphone to view the site currently when on the go.If you are connected to wifi, then there really are no issues as the iphone web browser is probably the best on mobile phones - much better than my Blackberry imo. Over edge - which is much slower - it does take much longer to load - nature of the beast of the U.S. getting mobile phones first, but then getting the updated faster 3G networks much later than other parts of the globe. Plus 3G is spotty at best in the U.S. with only a few of the major cities having access.There is also I 3rd party app that I use called MobileCast that allows you to download the Allgame podcasts when I do not have access to use itunes. However in order to use any 3rd party apps, you must jailbreak your iphone to allow you to install these type of not-official Apple applications.The new website looks good - keep up the great work.
Veronica Belmont = No Double Dragons :([gamercard]dblnutcustard[/gamercard]

Allgames for the iPhone 10 years 8 months ago #332060

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
A PSP version would be great. sometimes i dont feel like leaving my room and just wanna chill on my PSP before going to bed and navigating allgames on it can be kind of a pain :/

Allgames for the iPhone 10 years 8 months ago #332074

• Kropotkin
  • Level 6
Chinese_Fury;332046 wrote:
I use an iphone to view the site currently when on the go.If you are connected to wifi, then there really are no issues as the iphone web browser is probably the best on mobile phones - much better than my Blackberry imo. Over edge - which is much slower - it does take much longer to load - nature of the beast of the U.S. getting mobile phones first, but then getting the updated faster 3G networks much later than other parts of the globe. Plus 3G is spotty at best in the U.S. with only a few of the major cities having access.There is also I 3rd party app that I use called MobileCast that allows you to download the Allgame podcasts when I do not have access to use itunes. However in order to use any 3rd party apps, you must jailbreak your iphone to allow you to install these type of not-official Apple applications.The new website looks good - keep up the great work.
I have to say that the praise the iPhone gets across the Atlantic makes me chuckle. It is only in the US that people actually rate the iPhone at all whereas we in Europe prefer the Nokia N95 which feature for feature demolishes the iPhone in every department, including its browser. I also know Apple are pushing the 3G version of the iPhone hard over here but it will fall flat in its face when the Nokia N96 arrives next month.
XBL Tag: Kropotkin

Allgames for the iPhone 10 years 8 months ago #332079

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
An update on at least the iPhone portion - I've already toyed around a little bit with the Google iUI system and it looks pretty simple to implement. So you may see that sometime this week. HOWEVER, it will not include the stream or chat as I don't think there's a way to implement those on an iPhone that's not jailbroken. (There are, however, Shoutcast players and IRC clients availble if you have yours jailbroken.) So the site will mainly be just podcast downloads and the text content we will be putting up once I get that stuff created.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Allgames for the iPhone 10 years 8 months ago #332142

iPhone apps will be out very soon. We will likely see those things available on legit iPhones soon after.