Forum

TOPIC: Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done.

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12361

• Ziggler
  • Stage A - 2
I have to agree with BW... I've gotten negative rep for saying a canadian accent... lol... I was like w/e cuz it was probably an insulted canadian... You also have to figure the person that gave u negative rep. for no reason is most likely doing it to everyone, so it evens out.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12363

Remember, the admins have much more sway over a user's rep than ordinary users do so be fair
So what does that prove? I should just bitch and moan when I get bad rep for no reason?

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12375

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
If you bothered to read my post BlackWolf, as you apprently didn't, you would know that I didn't care about the 3 points so much as I did about the lack of comments and for the posts they were givin. Did I even ask for it to be reversed and the 3 points restored? No I didn't. Clearly your making more of a big deal out of thise tyring to mock me then I am. I didn't ask for the points to be reversed, nor would I expect that, all I want to know is if it was the same person all 3 times. Nor do I expect to be told who that person or persons are. The point of why I am making a big deal out of this though is because there is obviously one or more people on these forums who just likes to give out bad rep to be a jackass, or to piss everyone off by giving it for stupid things. What happens when this person or persons get alot more posts? They will be able to negativly effect good members reps very quickly. Thus making good members look like the spammers and trouble makers of the forums. Considering not many people use the rep feature to begin with, so the "negative rep is only at half strength" point doesn't work. While the person(s) gradually effect people more and more over time but only at half as many positive points, not enough people use the positive points to "offset" the effect if you will, which in turns brings reps down for good posts/questions. THAT was my point, not to make a big deal out of the 3 points taken away from me.

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12379

• Apulo
  • Level 5
I haven't had time to make the code changes to support this yet. I will soon but I let you know, its not going to be an easy one.

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12383

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Well I don't expect you to work yourself to death trying to do this. I mean I think most people here would like it to be done, but if its going to take a ton of time and be a ton or work, then don't bother. We don't want you to take alot of time out of your life just to cater to us and everything we want. I'm just kind of pissed off that someone, or more then one person, gave me a bad rep for a stupid reason and then to make it worse didn't even tell me why they did. I think bad rep should only be given to someone if they making a spamming post, or a falmming post. Basically anything that would "break the rules" and just generally make you seem to be an asshole. Not for asking questions or not laughing at something, or liking one football team over another like what happened to both Alias and I. That I believe is abusing the system since how the hell can you honestly give someone a bad rep for liking their hometeam football team more then another team? I think anyone who would do that is just here to cause trouble and basically be a jerk by giving stupid bad reps.

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12574

Arandar wrote:
Not for asking questions or not laughing at something, or liking one football team over another like what happened to both Alias and I. That I believe is abusing the system since how the hell can you honestly give someone a bad rep for liking their hometeam football team more then another team? I think anyone who would do that is just here to cause trouble and basically be a jerk by giving stupid bad reps.
Exactly what I was saying. I made a comment in the User Rep thread. Back and forth all different numbers as to how to get rep etc, and I had made a comment "see, you do need math, study it" or something like that. That got bad rep. For what? That guy too stupid to add and subtract, so I gotta get bad rep for it?And again, like I stated, I'm not asking anything to be reverese, but try to make it so it's a legitimate reason, not cause "i don't understand your humor."

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12667

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
If it makes you feel any better, you can only affect negative rep at HALF strength.So all the idiots that only affect 1 point actually affect 0 if they give a negative.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12711

Not really...cause to me, it's not the "rep points" I have... it's just the fact, that people are giving bad rep for, what I can tell, no reason.plus, should someone get a bad rep post simply because they disagree?

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12715

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Blackwolf wrote:
If it makes you feel any better, you can only affect negative rep at HALF strength.So all the idiots that only affect 1 point actually affect 0 if they give a negative.
Even then, I do quite a bit 'o damage.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12716

• Ziggler
  • Stage A - 2
AliasOfWestgate wrote:
Not really...cause to me, it's not the "rep points" I have... it's just the fact, that people are giving bad rep for, what I can tell, no reason.plus, should someone get a bad rep post simply because they disagree?
Ya but that's as best as the system will EVER work... and it's better than having no system at all... I mean Apulo's good but he isn't god... as far as I know anyway...