Forum

TOPIC: Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done.

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12073

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Basically as the thread title says. I have had 3 negative reps, all taking my down for 1 point each and all 3 with no comments at all. That is what pisses me off the most. What pisses me off just about as much is for the posts they were given. My guess is they were all given by the same person so I ask if that can be found out please. I got a negative rep for asking a question(what the referral was), for not thinking something was funny, and then for joking around with arefx about the Patriots beating the New York football teams. Quote:Originally Posted by AliasOfWestgateDude, Eagles have been beating the holy fuck out of any New York team.DO I even need to mention who the reigning Super Bowl champs are? Unless does he mean he came to Gillette Stadium to wave goodbye to the Patriots as they left to go to the Super Bowl last year? That must be it, otherwise it just wouldn't make sense. Thats the post I got a negative rep for. I think obviously its just the same person who has some type of grudge against me so now they are giving me negative rep for no reason. I mean how is it a bad thing to ask a freaking question? That is against the point of the rep system, its supposed to be used if someone spams or is a bad poster, not if they try to find out how something on the site works. So just a little help please. Thanks. BTW, I'm sure I will get negative rep for this post to.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12076

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah you will probably get some for this, saying like "quit your bitching". Don't worry they wont hurt you too bad, heh I should know after all I got the past day, im sure apulo will get it done soon.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12104

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
OH NO! NOT THREE REPUTATION POINTS!Stop the presses! Call the hounds! Scandal! We must find the perpetrator and hang him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I agree that it should be manditory to leave comments, but I disagree that we should have to reverse reuptation given by other members when it's just three fricken points.Negative reputation is given at half strength as positive reputation, so it's harder to get negative rep instead of positive anyway. I'm not so sure why some people take three whole reputation points so seriously...I'd look for you to see who did it, but when it was revealed that I could look into that stuff, people felt that was unfair and called for the ability to be stripped from me (which it has been.)I got negative rep for the thing about my drumset, saying "stop the bragging mr. moneybags"...Don't see me whining about it in a thread.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12106

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Blackwolf wrote:
OH NO! NOT THREE REPUTATION POINTS!Stop the presses! Call the hounds! Scandal! We must find the perpetrator and hang him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I agree that it should be manditory to leave comments, but I disagree that we should have to reverse reuptation given by other members when it's just three fricken points.Negative reputation is given at half strength as positive reputation, so it's harder to get negative rep instead of positive anyway. I'm not so sure why some people take three whole reputation points so seriously...I'd look for you to see who did it, but when it was revealed that I could look into that stuff, people felt that was unfair and called for the ability to be stripped from me (which it has been.)I got negative rep for the thing about my drumset, saying "stop the bragging mr. moneybags"...Don't see me whining about it in a thread.
You were obviously excited about getting it, nothing wrong with that if you ask me.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12220

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
Blackwolf wrote:
I got negative rep for the thing about my drumset, saying "stop the bragging mr. moneybags"...Don't see me whining about it in a thread.
Alright. Alright. I admit, I was just jealous. I'm sorry! Now quit your whining.

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12344

Why not just flat out not use it? We already did away with post counts...why not this? I think it's just a pain in the ass when you first go to your UCP and see bad rep for a post that didn't deserve it.

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12348

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
AliasOfWestgate wrote:
Why not just flat out not use it? We already did away with post counts...why not this? I think it's just a pain in the ass when you first go to your UCP and see bad rep for a post that didn't deserve it.
The idea of getting rid of the post counts was so that we would rely on rep.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12349

MusicFan wrote:
It is needed to distinguish the good from the bad.
since we've all pretty much came from G4, we all survived without it before, didn't we? Besides, one man's trash, is another man's treasure. I'm not here to be judged by people for posts that might not be taken the right way, or by people who don't have the right sence of humor, or no humor at all. Plus, I'm sure there'll be dicks who wanna give bad rep just to be a dick.

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12354

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
Arandar wrote:
Basically as the thread title says. I have had 3 negative reps, all taking my down for 1 point each and all 3 with no comments at all. That is what pisses me off the most. What pisses me off just about as much is for the posts they were given. My guess is they were all given by the same person so I ask if that can be found out please. I got a negative rep for asking a question(what the referral was), for not thinking something was funny, and then for joking around with arefx about the Patriots beating the New York football teams. Quote:Originally Posted by AliasOfWestgateDude, Eagles have been beating the holy fuck out of any New York team.DO I even need to mention who the reigning Super Bowl champs are? Unless does he mean he came to Gillette Stadium to wave goodbye to the Patriots as they left to go to the Super Bowl last year? That must be it, otherwise it just wouldn't make sense. Thats the post I got a negative rep for. I think obviously its just the same person who has some type of grudge against me so now they are giving me negative rep for no reason. I mean how is it a bad thing to ask a freaking question? That is against the point of the rep system, its supposed to be used if someone spams or is a bad poster, not if they try to find out how something on the site works. So just a little help please. Thanks. BTW, I'm sure I will get negative rep for this post to.
I thought you couldn't get negative repped twice by one person untill 20 other people did, unless they changed it. Some people take things differently then others, and some people are just assholes... I would think you would get some + for this topic though, it has some good points, but then again people view things in different ways.
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake

Can the hack requiring comments to leave rep please be done. 14 years 7 months ago #12355

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
AliasOfWestgate wrote:
since we've all pretty much came from G4, we all survived without it before, didn't we? Besides, one man's trash, is another man's treasure. I'm not here to be judged by people for posts that might not be taken the right way, or by people who don't have the right sence of humor, or no humor at all. Plus, I'm sure there'll be dicks who wanna give bad rep just to be a dick.
Remember, the admins have much more sway over a user's rep than ordinary users do so be fair
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"