Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: What's your favorite board game?

What's your favorite board game? 15 years 3 months ago #9977

• Shady45
  • Level 10
Yep, old school games. What's your favorite?For me I have to say Simpsons Monopoly is my favorite, it's a great version of monopoly. I also like Clue and Parchisi, I don't knw how to spell that game lol.
[gamercard]shady45v2[/gamercard]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What's your favorite board game? 15 years 3 months ago #10053

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
I always liked Stratego that game was awsome and I was really good at it. In some sense it was basically like a more complex military version of chess. It was really fun although I have lost some of the pieces now unfortuantly and no one wants to plays with me because they claim I cheat. Which I don't so basically aka they suck and don't like me always winning. Then you always gotta go with Risk. I have never played a full game though unfortuantly because again no one wants to play because its such a long game. I would love to finally be able to play a complete game for once though since I think I'm a great strategist and know exactly how to takeover everything against someone else. I have played the PC game though. At least one of the versions, it might have been the 95 one but I'm not sure. Heh maybe I should get it for my PS2 or GC possibly if its cheap. Lastly, even though I like a bunch of other board games, is Monopoly. Enough said. That game rocks! :)

What's your favorite board game? 15 years 3 months ago #10066

Arandar wrote:
Then you always gotta go with Risk. I have never played a full game though unfortuantly because again no one wants to play because its such a long game. I would love to finally be able to play a complete game for once though since I think I'm a great strategist and know exactly how to takeover everything against someone else. I have played the PC game though. At least one of the versions, it might have been the 95 one but I'm not sure. Heh maybe I should get it for my PS2 or GC possibly if its cheap.
For about 15-16 years me and 3 other friends who would get together a few times a year, every year and play Risk for a for a weekend (playing all day and night). Through alliances and betrayals fueled by large amounts of alcohol and few hours of sleep we'd play that game. We even had a trophy made from a few would blocks at one point. Girlfriends and family members would be shoved aside all for a few days of world domination. Its the greatest game on the world. Especially when you all gang up on one poor s.o.b. and wipe him out. Long Live the Black Army!!!!!
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

What's your favorite board game? 15 years 3 months ago #10068

• Ziggler
  • Stage A - 2
Arandar wrote:
I always liked Stratego that game was awsome and I was really good at it. In some sense it was basically like a more complex military version of chess. It was really fun although I have lost some of the pieces now unfortuantly and no one wants to plays with me because they claim I cheat. Which I don't so basically aka they suck and don't like me always winning...
Oh yea Stratego is the best! I had the best strategy*... everyone always put 2's and 3's and shitty guys in the front, so i'd put 7's and 8's, but still save my 9's and 10 and keep them pretty close to the flag... then there's always putting a few stray bombs to trick your opponent... Now i want to play that!! :biggrin:

What's your favorite board game? 15 years 3 months ago #10069

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
Risk, for the past few weeks I have played most nights with some friends. We put down our controllers for a couple of hours and bring out the board. But damn can that game make you mad at the others around you :|
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake

What's your favorite board game? 15 years 3 months ago #10071

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Heh well I am definatly going to get the PS2 game now. I mean that is the most updated version of the game since the last one is on the PlayStation so I would imagine at least 5-7 years old. Plus its only 20 bucks brand new at Best Buy so thats sweet. I would love to be able to play someone else though. Heh maybe if we ever do have that All Games cookout we can bring some board games as well and get a game of Risk going or something, maybe a tourney or whatever and winner takes the pot(of money for those of you of who started to get excited). I would bring mine but I seemed to have lost a bunch of infantry men somehow. I know I have a grey one gone from my sister destroying a game my mother and I were playing years ago, damn sliding table and that cereal box! But the others I don't get how I lost them since I'm always really rigid on keeping my stuff together and in good condition and order. Someday I'll get to complete a game against a human being though, and I'll kick their ass! :D

What's your favorite board game? 15 years 3 months ago #10072

• Ziggler
  • Stage A - 2
The only thing I hate about risk is when the dog walks by and your hours of conquering come crashing to the ground... :smt012 then you have to guess where everything was... Speaking of Risk that reminds me of the classic seinfeld episode with Kramer and Newmanhttp://www.metrowargamers.com/mt-archives/fluff/great_moments_in_wargaming.php :smt082

What's your favorite board game? 15 years 3 months ago #10075

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Heh "Ukraine strong and crush you!" that was pretty funny. Mine got destroyed by it being at one end of the table and my sister was at the other end and she "accidently" slid the cereal box across the table and knocked the board and all those pieces off the table. I don't buy it being an accident, but my mom gets angry with me f I get pissed at my sister even when she does stupid things. And speaking of Stratego I would love to play you. Heh since the 2's and 3's are the GOOD pieces, not the 7 and 8's. :razz: I had the best strategies though. Like I literally wrote a couple of them down on a piece of paper to use whenever I played. I hope I put them in with the game so if I ever played again I have them. That game was so much fun, to bad they didn't make a console version or something. Although I doubt they could since it would be kind of small since theres not really much they can do for it like the variations the console versions for Risk have with the classic board and a new board with lots more countries.

What's your favorite board game? 15 years 3 months ago #10078

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
I used to be the guy that would go into the common room of my dorm when everyone was playing Axis & Allies, stand 10 feet away from the table, flinch and yell "EARTHQUAKE!"They didn't find it funny for some reason.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

What's your favorite board game? 15 years 3 months ago #10093

• agn
  • Administrator
Ok when I was growin up it was Strat-o-matic baseball, Monopoly, and Careers. A few games of RISK, but not much stratego.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community
  • Page: