Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: The White House

The White House 15 years 3 months ago #9820

I'm going on a tour of the White House tomorrow. If I see Dubya, is there anything you guys want me to ask him?
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The White House 15 years 3 months ago #9836

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
I thought they shut tours of it down permanantly after 9/11? I doubt you'll see him but if by some chance you did, and they actually let you talk to him then try asking him about his comments yesterday. You know that whole thing about terrorists thinking of ways to hurt us, and them as well. Heh or just to be a pain in the ass, although you will probably get kicked out, offer him a pretzel. :razz:

The White House 15 years 3 months ago #9882

They re-opened tours again. You need to book them a month or so in advance and they do background checks and stuff.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

The White House 15 years 3 months ago #9884

• EmpyII
  • Level 8
Arandar wrote:
I thought they shut tours of it down permanantly after 9/11? Heh or just to be a pain in the ass, although you will probably get kicked out, offer him a pretzel. :razz:
:lol: ok now that was pretty funny :-P

The White House 15 years 3 months ago #9889

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Ask him if he's fully kicked his cocaine habbit. :smt077 :biggrin: :smt029

The White House 15 years 3 months ago #9945

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Digital*Firefly wrote:
They re-opened tours again. You need to book them a month or so in advance and they do background checks and stuff.
Oh yeah thats right I thought I heard something like that but I just didn't really think of it. Don't you also have to go in groups of like 40 people or something to? I think my uncle was telling me about this and he was saying the tours have to be in bigger groups like a family can;t just go in for a tour anymore. Which that doesn't make alot of sense to me considering they will be giving you like a full checkover when you get there, so whether it be 5 or 40 your still going to go through the exact same security checks.

The White House 15 years 3 months ago #9948

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
I went on a private tour before, because my cousin works there, it was bak in the bill days, I got to meet him, and saw monica, its was pre scandal, and I got to hold his cat and play fetch with his dog in the basement.Ask bush not to run again ;)
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

The White House 15 years 3 months ago #10039

I'm back. We didn't see Dubya, and there were no terrorist attacks. I'll let you guys know how it went tomorrow. Time for a party and bed, I got 5 hours of sleep last night.

The White House 15 years 3 months ago #10470

• dl4ndow
  • Level 9
I toured the White House back in the Bills days too. Been there done that. It was nice. It would suck if they stopped the tours altogether. It is, after all, public property.
:)

The White House 15 years 3 months ago #10484

Well first off I'm a little dissapointed at the tour. It was a 30 minute selfguided tour through 5 rooms. I saw the green room, the red room, the blue room, the East room (i think), and the east dinning room. Those were the 5 rooms we got to walk through. We got to look into another 5 or so rooms. There were lots of paintings of ex presidents all over the place, and old furniture. For the tour you walk through the rooms and about 75% of each room is roped off. In every room is either a secret service agent or a white house security guard. They told everyone a little about each room and the stuff inside. The tour was free. My cousin called up our local congressman and the tour gets set up through him. I think we had to have group of 10 people for the tour. There was 4 of us and 6 poeple we didn't know form the area. Security is tight. They had a sighn with all the stuff you can't bring into the whitehouse. On that list were things like, cameras, animals, knives, stun guns, and firearms. It was neat being in the White House, but a 4 hour drive for a 30 minute tour just didn't cut it for me. My cousin was really into it because he's a big history buff and George Bush fan.
  • Page: