Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Sweet I got a job!

Sweet I got a job! 15 years 1 month ago #10158

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
Being "loaded" would get boring after a while, I'd be restless and needing to get out of the house every once and a while. When I was unemployed for 7 months between college graduation and the programming job I have now, I was really, REALLY restless. I was still living with my parents at the time (I was 22) so it wasn't like I had that many bills...Just car payment and insurance, and they covered those for me cuz they're sweet like that. But I was sick and tired of waking up and just playing games or just being on the computer and then going to sleep......But you're lucky. I never got $7.50/hr when I was a teenager in any of my jobs. I got just above minimum wage. At Blockbuster Video when Minimum Wage was $5.15/hr, I got $5.25. At Media Play when Minimum Wage was $5.25/hr, I got $5.75/hr. At my college job (midnight security at the dorm), I also got $5.75/hr.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sweet I got a job! 15 years 1 month ago #10164

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
I've gotten $8 an hour in the only two jobs I've ever had these past two summers.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Sweet I got a job! 15 years 1 month ago #10201

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Well that wasn't that long ago, I mean aren't you only 25 Blackwolf? Or is that Duality? I think minimum wage is up to like $6.25 or maybe %6.75 now anyway though. And I am in Massachusetts where we actually have written into our state laws that ALL minimum wages have to be at least %0.10 cents higher then the national minimum wage. Besides its at Barnes n Noble not a fast food joint so thats part of the reason why. The alst job I worked at I started at 8 bucks instead of 7.50 since I knew the manager. In the end though I'm the one getting screwed. While minimum wage may have gone up since the time when you were a teen with those types of jobs, so has the cost of living. And what makes it worse is each time they bring the minimum wage up the cost of living goes up to, and it usually goes up by MORE. They don't even take food into account either which has gone up alot in recent years. So while it may have sucked for you when you were a kid, I'm the one getting screwed now from having to live off jobs like these. Well for the time being at least.

Sweet I got a job! 15 years 1 month ago #10219

I was unemployed for 6 months up until I got my job baking. I played Counter-Strike for 12 hours a day minimum. On my clan server I was ranked #3 *I was ranked #1 for a month b/c my playing time was hitting 18 hours a day* It had pshychostats. I was ranked #1 with the Colt, Ak, Awp, Sig PP226, Duel Elites, TMP, Mac-10, Sig-552, Styer Aug and Grenades. I held awards for longest rounds and most survived rounds along with the most defused bombs.........I no longer play counter-strike........I look back at that..........Im so glad that I have a job and my xbox and gamecube........and a girl friend........and Im glad I dont play 12 hours a day anymore...........I usually limit to 2-5 hours.........and I only splurg occasionally.
Dunemaul PvP - 108 days /playedElune PvE - 180 days /played288 days of playing WoW since 2005. /wrists

Sweet I got a job! 15 years 1 month ago #10230

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah I mean I'm glad I got a job and all since I really really need the money, but if it was a choice between working for a living or being a millionare and never needing to work again I would go with the latter. I could find stuff to do. I wouldn't be a complete shut in I mean I would go out and do stuff, just that I can play games(even if not the same one) for like hours on end and not get that bored. Heh even I have never been that bad though SaNkOn. Usually I mix itup between playing games, watching tv, and going online. I also reads sometimes but sually I have to be in the right mood and don't read for to long at once. Doesn't help that I don't like many types of books and am reading the same one over again for the 3rd time. Well at least now that I'm going to be working at Barnes n Noble I can get a discount on buying some Star Wars books I want to read. If only I knew what the good ones were though since I have only read like 9 of them.
  • Page: