Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Sweet I got a job!

Sweet I got a job! 15 years 1 month ago #9803

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Well for my first thread I make I figure I will make it some good news. So pretty much its the topic. I went for an interview at Barnes n Noble today and I got hired. Well I never technically heard the words "Your hired" or "You have the job", but I was told to show up to the orientation Tuesday, so basically I got the job. Its only part time, but hey its better then nothing certainly. I start off at $7.50 an hour and will do stocking and work in the cafe. The only thing I don't like is its to rigid on buisness like do this right away in a world record time. I would rather have a job where the people who run it are more out going and don't expect the world of you, but I need a job so I suppose I shouldn't complain, at least I won't to anyone who works there. A happy employee is a productive employee though so thats what I would go by if I owned a buisness.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sweet I got a job! 15 years 1 month ago #9806

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Arandar wrote:
Well for my first thread I make I figure I will make it some good news. So pretty much its the topic. I went for an interview at Barnes n Noble today and I got hired. Well I never technically heard the words "Your hired" or "You have the job", but I was told to show up to the orientation Tuesday, so basically I got the job. Its only part time, but hey its better then nothing certainly. I start off at $7.50 an hour and will do stocking and work in the cafe. The only thing I don't like is its to rigid on buisness like do this right away in a world record time. I would rather have a job where the people who run it are more out going and don't expect the world of you, but I need a job so I suppose I shouldn't complain, at least I won't to anyone who works there. A happy employee is a productive employee though so thats what I would go by if I owned a buisness.
7.50 an hour isn't bad for a teenager. congrats :) :smt005
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Sweet I got a job! 15 years 1 month ago #9816

I had my first job at the start of summmer, and it sucked. It was a bottle redemption center, and we always would receive the nastiest things you couldn't even imagine.I quit recently to have August as a full fledged vacation. I won't miss the slugs crawling in the soda cans, but I will miss the money.

Sweet I got a job! 15 years 1 month ago #9834

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Well I turn 19 1/2 in one week exactly so I'm not much of a teenager anymore. Basically I only have 6 months more left of my "teenage" years. Plus the woman who highered me(the managera) said that even if you had a 1000 years expeirence you would start off at $7.50 an hour. I'm not hugely dissapointed though since that is actually above minimum wage, and its what I would have gotten at the place I worked last year if I hadn't known the manger who hired me and been given 8 bucks an hour instead by him. Its only part time though, I haven't been told how many hours exactly, but 7.50 an hour for part time is fine I suppose. Maybe I'll get a raise or promoted 6 months, maybe sooner if I'm lucky, from now or something, hopefully anyway.

Sweet I got a job! 15 years 1 month ago #9837

• AlexGM16
  • Level 4
ur first job at nineteen, u must be loaded:) i had to get a job at 15;)

Sweet I got a job! 15 years 1 month ago #9852

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
No no no its not my first job. Heh if you read my last post, as I guess you didn't :razz:, I had a job last year as well. That was my first job. And I'm not loaded, just lazy. :razz: I don't like to do work really that I don't like. I know the whole thing that everyone hates their job so I'm not special, but like I really just can't do something I don't want to do. Thats why I failed so many classes in school because I didn't want to do homework so I didn't do it, and some school work. I know its not considered a good "quality" to have but if I don't want to do something I just won't do it, regardless of the consequences to me.

Sweet I got a job! 15 years 1 month ago #9858

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
This is pretty major news, are you going to have a press release of this announcement?
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

Sweet I got a job! 15 years 1 month ago #9953

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
MusicFan wrote:
This is pretty major news, are you going to have a press release of this announcement?
Sarcasm dualy noted and appreciated. :razz: I'm still happy though since I'll be getting money and I can finally buy some games at least. I owe my dad lot of money for my car though so I'll have to save most of it, so maybe one new game for a while. I just hope everything works out and I liked doing it and don't get to much stress from it. Then hopefully it will be at least 20 hours since its only part time, if not then I'll have to try and find yet another one which will suck since getting this one was hard enough as it is.

Sweet I got a job! 15 years 1 month ago #10107

AlexGM16 wrote:
ur first job at nineteen, u must be loaded:) i had to get a job at 15;)
same here
Dunemaul PvP - 108 days /playedElune PvE - 180 days /played288 days of playing WoW since 2005. /wrists

Sweet I got a job! 15 years 1 month ago #10112

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Heh I'm not loaded though. Read my next post! Lazy people not reading everything. Besides if I was loaded do you think I would even be going out to find a job at all? Are you kidding me? I mean if I won the Powerball with some huge couple hundred million dollar prize then I would never work a day in my life! I might try and get a part time job at like a Best Buy/Target/or game store but mostly I would just play games and spend my time rading and building models or stuff I like. Ah the good life. Hey don't look at me like that! A guy can dream afterall can't he? :razz:
  • Page: