Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: McCain condems anti-Kerry Ad

McCain condems anti-Kerry Ad 15 years 1 month ago #9403

• EmpyII
  • Level 8
A story in todays USA Today, talks of how Senator John McCain is condeming a new ad that will launch in battleground states. This ad has several veterans who served on other swifboats (not Kerry's) who say the events tht led to his bronze star and third purple heart were totally fabricated. McCain apparently was outraged at such a thing and demanded that the White House should not air the ad and condemn it as well. This is why I like McCain, he speaks up when people start pulling crap, and doesn't act like a politician about it but rather like your common Joe. http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-08-05-mcain-ad_x.htm?POE=NEWISVA
The administrator has disabled public write access.

McCain condems anti-Kerry Ad 15 years 1 month ago #9405

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
I was pissed when I found out he was dropping out of the last race, he had a good chance of winning, and would have done a damn good job.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

McCain condems anti-Kerry Ad 15 years 1 month ago #9433

I'm almost glad that McCain doesn't run for the Presidency. I'm not saying he wouldn't make a good president. Bear with me here, I think McCain is the decent, easy to connect with type of statesman we need more of in Congress. The man has honor and integrity, these are the things I feel that are missing in today's politicians. He's just plan decent, he's a stand-up kind of a guy. As President, I'm worried that the basic human decency he shows will be blunted by "real" politicians. Now that being said, I am a registered Republican. But I don't always vote the ticket. Actually, I can't remember when I've voted for the party. I've never been impressed with the candadites from either major party with the exception of McCain. He is the one politician that I'd vote for without misgivings or hesitations. If he announced today that he'd run for President, I'd vote for him. I just think that he's more effective where he's at now.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

McCain condems anti-Kerry Ad 15 years 1 month ago #9528

The White House condemned the ads, too.

McCain condems anti-Kerry Ad 15 years 1 month ago #9532

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
Yes, that really makes sense for someone with a questionable military record to question someone with an actual military record.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

McCain condems anti-Kerry Ad 15 years 1 month ago #9565

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
AcquiredTarget wrote:
I'm almost glad that McCain doesn't run for the Presidency. I'm not saying he wouldn't make a good president. Bear with me here, I think McCain is the decent, easy to connect with type of statesman we need more of in Congress.
And that's pretty much why he's refrained from running again.But I am still shocked that he would give his full support to Bush as he has. The same man who's campaign held push-polls to give voters the impression that McCain had fathered an illegitimate black child.

McCain condems anti-Kerry Ad 15 years 1 month ago #9579

• EmpyII
  • Level 8
Well I think the "support" he is giving is more due to political party pressure than anything else. If you notice he never says anything bad about Kerry well nothing as bad as the things he says about Bush. I'm still hoping he'll run next time around.

McCain condems anti-Kerry Ad 15 years 1 month ago #9638

MusicFan wrote:
Yes, that really makes sense for someone with a questionable military record to question someone with an actual military record.
I'd say the Swift Boat Vets have a pretty good military record, actually.

McCain condems anti-Kerry Ad 15 years 1 month ago #9659

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
The swift boat vets thing really has nothing to do with military record so much as they have to do with actually serving with John Kerry.According to Snopes, only one of the "Swift Boat Vets for Truth" -- Steven Gardner -- ever actually served under Kerry's command.And to diffuse this situation even further ...Veteran retracts criticism of Kerry
A week after Senator John F. Kerry heralded his wartime experience by surrounding himself at the Democratic convention with his Vietnam ''Band of Brothers," a separate group of veterans has launched a television ad campaign and a book that questions the basis for some of Kerry's combat medals.But yesterday, a key figure in the anti-Kerry campaign, Kerry's former commanding officer, backed off one of the key contentions. Lieutenant Commander George Elliott said in an interview that he had made a ''terrible mistake" in signing an affidavit that suggests Kerry did not deserve the Silver Star -- one of the main allegations in the book. The affidavit was given to The Boston Globe by the anti-Kerry group to justify assertions in their ad and book.

McCain condems anti-Kerry Ad 15 years 1 month ago #9736

• EmpyII
  • Level 8
I think this will hurt the Republicans (Bush) more than anything, especially if they don't condemn this. An Ad like that sure as hell wont bring undecideds over to Bush and could quite possibly send them flocking to Kerry.Also IMO when it comes to credibility and who people will pay more attention to I think John McCain > random partisan Vietnam vets whose story is falling apart at the seams :)
  • Page: