Forum

TOPIC: Fried Chicken, what's your place?

Fried Chicken, what's your place? 15 years 7 months ago #9170

• EmpyII
  • Level 8
Digital*Firefly wrote:
KFC and MFC (Maryland Fried Chicken, yes Maryland) are the only ones in my area.
Get outta here MFC? That's hilarious. When ya think of fried chicken I think of Maryland :-P How is it though? I'm guessing they don't try to sell it as cajun do they? If they did that'd be pretty funny.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fried Chicken, what's your place? 15 years 7 months ago #9190

• Ziggler
  • Stage A - 2
I can't say I really like any fast-food fried chicken... but those whole chickens you can buy already cooked at teh grocery store are mm mm good...

Fried Chicken, what's your place? 15 years 7 months ago #9230

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
1. Popeye's2. KFC3. Church'sMy top three. The only problem is the closest Popeye's to me is 30 miles away & there is no Church's in Washington state at all. So I pretty much have KFC when I want chicken.

Fried Chicken, what's your place? 15 years 7 months ago #9252

• EmpyII
  • Level 8
Oh I totally forgot about Church's I remember having it once and ite was pretty good.

Fried Chicken, what's your place? 15 years 7 months ago #9256

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
EmpyII wrote:
Oh I totally forgot about Church's I remember having it once and ite was pretty good.
I used to eat either there or Popeye's a lot when I was stationed in Ft. Hood.

Fried Chicken, what's your place? 15 years 7 months ago #9342

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
Ugh. Popeye's and KFC are just too greasy for my taste. I love crispy, fried chicken, but not when there's a layer of grease laying beneath the skin.Being the home-cooked elitist that I am, I'm just going to say that my sauteed chicken is fan-fucking-tastic. I dredge chicken breast in freshly shredded parmigiano reggiano, and sautee in a frying pan drizzled with extra virgin olive oil for about 6-7min on each side. Its got this golden cheese crust on it that goes perfect with a red sauce and pasta and a glass of pinot noir.

Fried Chicken, what's your place? 15 years 7 months ago #9365

• EmpyII
  • Level 8
Duality why do I get the feeling you're really Alton Brown from the Food network :) Hehe you're all about "Good Eats" :)

Fried Chicken, what's your place? 15 years 7 months ago #9391

• Ziggler
  • Stage A - 2
EmpyII wrote:
Duality why do I get the feeling you're really Alton Brown from the Food network :) Hehe you're all about "Good Eats" :)
LOL, i've seen that show... but I think he's Emeril...

Fried Chicken, what's your place? 15 years 7 months ago #9445

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Duality wrote:
Ugh. Popeye's and KFC are just too greasy for my taste. I love crispy, fried chicken, but not when there's a layer of grease laying beneath the skin. Being the home-cooked elitist that I am, I'm just going to say that my sauteed chicken is fan-fucking-tastic. I dredge chicken breast in freshly shredded parmigiano reggiano, and sautee in a frying pan drizzled with extra virgin olive oil for about 6-7min on each side. Its got this golden cheese crust on it that goes perfect with a red sauce and pasta and a glass of pinot noir.
So if everything on these boards goes well do we all get to come over for dinner someday? Maybe an All Games cookout or something? Heh just a thought. :D

Fried Chicken, what's your place? 15 years 7 months ago #9521

Duality wrote:
Being the home-cooked elitist that I am, I'm just going to say that my sauteed chicken is fan-fucking-tastic. I dredge chicken breast in freshly shredded parmigiano reggiano, and sautee in a frying pan drizzled with extra virgin olive oil for about 6-7min on each side. Its got this golden cheese crust on it that goes perfect with a red sauce and pasta and a glass of pinot noir.
Ya just gave me a great idea for dinner. I've been looking for an excuse to open a bottle of my pinot (10 years old, its going to taste nice). Thanks.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin