Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Burning Man

Burning Man 15 years 7 months ago #14062

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
It's basically a self contained community in a Nevada desert for 6 days where people go to "find themselves". There's a lot of taboo things going on there but there's also a lot of other stuff going on too. It becomes the third largest city in Nevada or something like that - they have several radio stations, many live performances, huge art galleries (non-traditional, of course) and stuff throughout the week, and then they leave the playa just the way they found it as if they were never there.Oh, and they burn this big ass statue at the end of it.It's an interesting concept, but I'm not sure that I'd be able to take the extreme temperatures. I'm just a fat wuss.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Burning Man 15 years 7 months ago #14079

• agn
  • Administrator
haha Well i'm sure there is some pot smoking going on in a city of 30,000 people.. along with alot of other stuff. But I'm going for a break from the norm, and a chance to meet some creative people and see some stuff I'll probably never see again!
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

Burning Man 15 years 7 months ago #14148

• Zorn
  • Stage B - 3
Blackwolf wrote:
It's basically a self contained community in a Nevada desert for 6 days where people go to "find themselves". There's a lot of taboo things going on there but there's also a lot of other stuff going on too. It becomes the third largest city in Nevada or something like that - they have several radio stations, many live performances, huge art galleries (non-traditional, of course) and stuff throughout the week, and then they leave the playa just the way they found it as if they were never there.Oh, and they burn this big ass statue at the end of it.It's an interesting concept, but I'm not sure that I'd be able to take the extreme temperatures. I'm just a fat wuss.
It sounds interesting. At first I thought it was festival where this set they guy on fire or something like that.

Burning Man 15 years 7 months ago #14150

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
Nah, that's the just end part of it all. Apparently the burning of the man makes sense after you've been in that hot Nevada desert for 6 days.BTW Scot, don't forget to piss clear while you're out there.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Burning Man 15 years 7 months ago #14172

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
Zorn wrote:
It sounds interesting. At first I thought it was festival where this set they guy on fire or something like that.
No, no. You're thinking of Burning Fan -- an event we hold every year where we make a bonfire out of anime fanboys.

Burning Man 15 years 7 months ago #14237

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
Duality wrote:
No, no. You're thinking of Burning Fan -- an event we hold every year where we make a bonfire out of anime fanboys.
Lol, that is hilarious.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

Burning Man 15 years 7 months ago #14353

• kirkg
  • Level 6
I think a lot of people drop acid at Burning Man. And yeah, there will be pot smoking.
  • Page: