Forum

TOPIC: Would you pay for AIM?

Would you pay for AIM? 15 years 1 month ago #8718

what i'm wondering if AIM goes this way will services like Trillian get rid of AIM? (for peopl who don't know Trillian offers a variety of different services in one. Such as MSN, ICQ, and AIM).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Would you pay for AIM? 15 years 1 month ago #8722

• Tedakin
  • Level 8
  • Thank you received: 1
Nope... I'd just switch to ICQ

Would you pay for AIM? 15 years 1 month ago #8758

well thats a bunch of bull i have it for free and i want to keep it for free.
XBL - Sgt Outlaw54Steam, PS2, and PC - Outlaw54MxO - Outlaw54 - VectorGunz Online - Outlaw54WoW - Splnter - MedivhTeam e5 Gamers\' Guild

Would you pay for AIM? 15 years 1 month ago #8759

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
Ziggler wrote:
What was AOL thinking when they gave that out for free...? I never understood that...
Brand recognition. Nearly everyone uses AIM. If someone looks for a new ISP, the company they're most likely to look at first is AOL.Tedakin wrote:
Nope... I'd just switch to ICQ
Except they've begun charging, too! Well, if the spam messages/emails are to be believed ...Protip: If the announcement isn't coming straight from AOL (and it'd be posted on their site if it were), its not true.And I wouldn't pay a thing. I don't talk to enough people to care enough. I have IRC if I need it. I also have other services like Xfire should this ever become reality.

Would you pay for AIM? 15 years 1 month ago #8762

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
Duality wrote:
Brand recognition. Nearly everyone uses AIM. If someone looks for a new ISP, the company they're most likely to look at first is AOL. Except they've begun charging, too! Well, if the spam messages/emails are to be believed ... Protip: If the announcement isn't coming straight from AOL (and it'd be posted on their site if it were), its not true. And I wouldn't pay a thing. I don't talk to enough people to care enough. I have IRC if I need it. I also have other services like Xfire should this ever become reality.
There's also a tons of other services such as MECA, Jabber, Skype, habiChat, Intellim, and many, many more. I use around 8 or 9 clients.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

Would you pay for AIM? 15 years 1 month ago #8767

• Ziggler
  • Stage A - 2
Duality wrote:
Brand recognition. Nearly everyone uses AIM. If someone looks for a new ISP, the company they're most likely to look at first is AOL.
Nobody I know uses AOL anymore though... they all have broadband and use AIM and Hotmail... I don't know it seems like AOL just screwed themselves.

Would you pay for AIM? 15 years 1 month ago #8800

Nope, because I don't use AIM as it is. I use nothing. I hate instant messaging.

Would you pay for AIM? 15 years 1 month ago #8826

• Duality
  • Stage B - 1
Ziggler wrote:
Nobody I know uses AOL anymore though... they all have broadband and use AIM and Hotmail... I don't know it seems like AOL just screwed themselves.
You're a minority.I still know a lot of people who use AOL. It does a lot of hand-holding for casual users who aren't at all familiar with computers. AOL is not going anywhere.

Would you pay for AIM? 15 years 1 month ago #8829

All-Night John wrote:
Nope, because I don't use AIM as it is. I use nothing. I hate instant messaging.
Same here, never really could get into instant messaging.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin"The cost of failure is not that a saber-toothed tiger eats you... the cost of failure is nothing. The worst thing that will happen is that you will fail and no one will notice." - Seth Godin

Would you pay for AIM? 15 years 1 month ago #8882

• AlexGM16
  • Level 4
i go to high school so everyone uses aim, they don't know any better.